It's too hot :(

Man of Honour
Was going to start making some cupboard doors outside today until I went outside around about mid-day and found it was on the cold side.

Be careful in uttering the cold word, you’re in danger of upsetting those on here who see 17c, 18c, 19c, and 20c as “perfect summer weather.”
Fairly obviously you and I don’t share those sentiments, but perhaps we should maintain a low profile.

Capodecina
Soldato
Be careful in uttering the cold word, you’re in danger of upsetting those on here who see 17c, 18c, 19c, and 20c as “perfect summer weather.”

It is, it's amazing :D

I see the Evening Standard is reporting a September "blast of summer" coming soon in spite of the fact that it's being forecast nowhere at all. Typical clickbait article.

Oh, and the Daily Express is predicting temperatures of 31C :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
This has honestly been the worst summer I can remember for some time, in terms of hot sunny days. I might look up some statistics to make myself feel better that I'm not just imagining it. Last summer during COVID was obviously one of the better ones so it makes this one feel extra bad.

EDIT: The Sun reckon the worst in 10 years. Yeah that'll do. Case closed.

Caporegime
This has honestly been the worst summer I can remember for some time, in terms of hot sunny days. I might look up some statistics to make myself feel better that I'm not just imagining it. Last summer during COVID was obviously one of the better ones so it makes this one feel extra bad.

EDIT: The Sun reckon the worst in 10 years. Yeah that'll do. Case closed.

Yeah same. Last year makes it feel all the more ****.
Heating has come on a few times this month. If this is the new norm I'm emigrating. Because its absolutely garbage. Probably just a bad year. Here's hoping.

Just feels a bit of a waste of time to live somewhere 2 or 3 weeks out of 52 is the weather you like.

Soldato
new to my vocabulary - from r4 today we are currently suffering from

High-pressure with grey skies
At other times of the year, high-pressure systems (anticyclones) often bring dry and sunny weather to our shores, because the high-pressure tends to inhibit the vertical rising of air, and hence inhibiting the formation of cloud and rain. Accordingly, a common perception is that high-pressure always brings dry and fine weather with clear skies. The overcast and dreary conditions this week goes against this misconception.

Weather forecasters often refer to these grey and drab skies under high-pressure as anticyclonic gloom. This often occurs in the UK in the colder half of the year when the positioning of a high-pressure system allows moisture to be dragged in from over the North Atlantic Ocean, forcing thick cloud to linger over the UK.

Boris said brexit would fix that.

Soldato
Delightful temperature, its been the perfect summer, garden needs a bit more rain though, been dry for a few weeks now.

Seeing the next 14 day forecast makes me giddy with excitement, 17c to 20c all the way. Lots of good night sleeps, no hay-fever, no unbearable temps when pc is on, no need for fans and AC units in the house either so lower leccy bills.

Associate
And summer 2021 closes out in a cool, grey whimper. Not unlike the rest of summer really outside of the couple of heatwave weeks.

I'll definitely be getting a vitamin d test some time in the next few months. I've been borderline deficient before and that was during times where the UK had actual summer weather. And on that note, I wonder what these kinds of summers will do to aggravate covid?

Soldato
Up here in the North, prior to the last week and a half, there has been 6-8 weeks of pretty much unbroken sunshine, hardly any rain and not many days below 20c. That seems a good summer to me (for people that like that)?

I did see upthread that map that showed a different picture for other parts of the country.

Soldato
Im not one to location brag but lovely today mild brisk wind. warm not hot. looking like a few warm to hot days then rain for rest of week
IMG-20210904-122756.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I was thinking that myself, just had a week on holiday with temps of 17-20c and it's going back to 28c just in time for work!

I envy anyone who doesn’t have to wear a suit for their job! We just had newly refurbished rooms too, but of course they couldn’t stretch to air con :( (there’s no shortage of money to do it)

Back
Top Bottom