**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Thread ****

Associate
Absolutely love this phone, i knew would.
Only thing I was worried about was the battery life but it is excellent for the size.
Nothing not to like really only thing that concerns me now is the dust/dirt getting to the hinge......but time will tell if that's even an issue.

Associate
I agree battery life is excellent for the size. After the device has learnt my usage it says a full battery will last 1d20h which is fine.

A plus aspect of the small battery is it top up charges fast on pretty much any USB C charger that you can find, no more looking for a high wattage charger...

Soldato
I don't think battery life is excellent. Depends on your use but 4-4.5 hrs screen on is not much. I would call my self a heavy user with 7-8hrs of use some day(videos mostly) and it would not last me a day. Pixel 5(my current) is fine, just about makes through the day. My gf is the one with it and she's charging it often and even taking a brick with her when she goes to London for a day etc. Not ideal.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
I don't think battery life is excellent. Depends on your use but 4-4.5 hrs screen on is not much. I would call my self a heavy user with 7-8hrs of use some day(videos mostly) and it would not last me a day. Pixel 5(my current) is fine, just about makes through the day. My gf is the one with it and she's charging it often and even taking a brick with her when she goes to London for a day etc. Not ideal.

That's about the same battery life as my S10

Associate
Bought my missus one of these after discovering Samsung were offering £300 trade-in for her note 8. I've got a fold 2 so had an idea of what to expect but I'm surprised at just how nice it is - £650 seems like a bit of a steal for a phone this good. I want one as well now.

Soldato
As soon as I saw the cream flip 3 a couple of months back I knew it was only a matter of time until I bought one.

Out for delivery today :D

Hoping it lives up to my expectations, having a pocketable phone will be great, heard there are issues with the battery not lasting if you use 120hz mode but will see.

Not sure how some people have time to spend 8 hours of screen on time on their phone but each to their own.

I work from home and have charging pads around the house and plug in when doing the school run so not likely to be an issue most days. On the other days I suspect dropping to 60hz or using the power save functions will be more than adequate.

Soldato
Did you get it? What are your first impressions?

Really tempted to get one..

Impressed so far, feels nice, love the look of it.

The phone is very tall when open, fine for me as I like to see a lot of the page when reading/surfing but some may find it difficult to use with smaller hands.

You can feel where the screen folds, and it is visible from a lot of angles depending on what's on screen, but when watching a YouTube video or surfing for example I didn't find it noticeable or distracting.

Edit:
Camera seems very good, doesn't seem much different to that in my Note 9 but that's not a bad thing as never had issues with the quality.

Love the 120hz screen, it just feels so much smoother, given the reports re. battery life though I wonder if 90hz would have been a decent compromise.

Associate

The phone is very tall when open, fine for me as I like to see a lot of the page when reading/surfing but some may find it difficult to use with smaller hands.

You can feel where the screen folds, and it is visible from a lot of angles depending on what's on screen, but when watching a YouTube video or surfing for example I didn't find it noticeable or distracting.

Edit:
Camera seems very good, doesn't seem much different to that in my Note 9 but that's not a bad thing as never had issues with the quality.

Love the 120hz screen, it just feels so much smoother, given the reports re. battery life though I wonder if 90hz would have been a decent compromise.

96hz seems to be the sweet spot amongst those on reddit and xda.

Did you qualify for the Watch4? I am sure there was a promo for Flip buyers.

Soldato
96hz seems to be the sweet spot amongst those on reddit and xda.

Did you qualify for the Watch4? I am sure there was a promo for Flip buyers.

Yeah that was part of why I went for it.

£300 trade in for my Note 9, £50 voucher from Samsung (courtesy of someone from HotUKDeals), 50% off a case at purchase, 5% for using Samsung Pay, 4% Quidco and £250 watch... I'd say that's a deal.

:D

Associate

Edit:

Cool, thanks.

Its only slightly taller than my oneplus 8, so that doesnt bother me. Am concerned with battery life though.

Think there is an app that allows you to select 90hz.

What colour did you get?

Soldato
Cool, thanks.

Its only slightly taller than my oneplus 8, so that doesnt bother me. Am concerned with battery life though.

Think there is an app that allows you to select 90hz.

What colour did you get?

I went for cream, not for everyone but looks like some retro 70s camera to me and I love it.

I'll report back on battery life once I've properly migrated over and the battery has had a few cycles.

Associate
OP
The flip 3 I have here, if I lay open on a surface doesn't look completely flat, seems to be a touch higher/lifted at the camera end.

You can press down without much force to make both ends come in contact with a flat surface, is this normal?

** Just found the problem, it is the hinge protector causing the problem, took it off and all fine**

Associate
probably stupid question but does the phone need to be fully open for the maps or can you see on the front screen?, same with messages etc..

Associate
probably stupid question but does the phone need to be fully open for the maps or can you see on the front screen?, same with messages etc..

You can read your messages on the front screen but maps doesn't work on it (though you still get audio instructions). There might be a widget or something for maps functionality on the front screen but I haven't seen one.

Associate
You can read your messages on the front screen but maps doesn't work on it (though you still get audio instructions). There might be a widget or something for maps functionality on the front screen but I haven't seen one.

wicked cheers, as i use the phone for all my navigation while at work so this would be a deal breaker as dont really want to open the whole screen up

Associate
No issues my end. With all my phones, leaving on NFC is a notable battery train, I never leave it on.

Took off the screen protector last night. It got soo bad chewing it's self up that it ruined the viewing experience. Samsung authorised repairer didn't recognise my IMEI's so meant no drive repair in van and I'm sure not sending this unit away for week(s) for a flipping screen protector. I heard one person had the unit replaced, which would be a huge pain, no way I'm going down that route.

Back
Top Bottom