Poll: Dutch Grand Prix 2021, Zandvoort - Race 13

Rate the 2021 Dutch Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Interesting that had Max not set a faster lap both he and Hamilton would have had the same time.

Quali times that close should make for a good race but doubt it with these cars and this track.

Soldato
Tactics are definitely going to be in play a large part in the race tomorrow. Max, without his wingman, could be vulnerable but I think he is used to that by now. If he is in front on the first lap then he might control the race, that is unless Lewis decides to barge him off the track again, however safety cars may well also dictate the race if they happen.
Hopefully the redbull mechanics can fix his drs under parc ferme so he'll be too quick to catch..

Caporegime
When was the last time we saw a grid line up in qualifying order with no penalties?

I missed what happened to Pérez in Q1. Did he get held up, or was he just not good enough?

Got a feeling this will be decided by the luck of the safety car tomorrow.

Man of Honour
No penalties for either Haas driver - Stewards decided that Vettel was not unnecessarily impeded by either of them.

Their excuse for that bumhole of a decision, there were other cars ahead of the Haas pair who were also preparing for their fast lap. :rolleyes:

The Stewards heard from the driver of car 5 (Sebastian Vettel), the driver of car 9 (Nikita Mazepin), the driver of car 47 (Mick Schumacher) and team representatives. The Stewards having reviewed video, radio calls to the drivers of Cars 9 and 47 and positioning/marshalling system data.

There is no doubt that the lap of Car 5 was compromised however we note in particular the comment of the driver of Car 5 (VET) that “there were too many cars in the one place”. There were at least 6 cars in line, preparing for a fast lap, and all of these were travelling at slow speed (some at less than 50 km/h) whereas Car 5 was approaching at up to 240 km/h.

Although Car 5 was impeded, in the circumstances this was not “unnecessary impeding” (cf Article 31.5). The drivers and team representatives present, agreed.

Same text for Shumachers visit, but with a different driver name and number.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

No penalties for either Haas driver - Stewards decided that Vettel was not unnecessarily impeded by either of them.
Shocking! I feel like Vettel can’t catch a break at the moment.

That said, giving Masespin a 5 place grid drop is a fruitless exercise :p

Associate

A poor decision I'm struggling to get my head around. Has potential for putting your lap in early and creating a rolling road block for your opponents...

I still maintain that Mazapin's late move was in and of itself, dangerous and deserved recognition.

Back
Top Bottom