Case reccomendations for a 400 x 200 mm radiator build?

Associate
I've been looking at all the cases and I'm struggling to find enough information to make a judgement call. I've had a Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 400 mm radiator (Same as the Phobya Xtreme 400) with 2 x 200mm fans for some time and it's about time I fitted it in a case. The original plan was to get out the jigsaw and Dremel and hack my case to make it fit in the top, but every time I'm going to do it, I look at what was my treasured expensive 17 year old all aluminium Antec P160 case and it looks back at me with wide eyes and I don't have the heart to do it.

Cooler Master H500P looks a good contender but they suddenly seem to be gold dust and the price has shot up. So, any recommendations for a sub £150 Midi Tower ATX case that would take that big a radiator in the top? I prefer to blow warm air out than warm air in so not keen at front mounting. I don't mind a bit of redrilling to get things to fit.

Associate
OP
Well, that virtual tumbleweed has confirmed exactly what I thought was the situation, the 200x400 is that out there it's not even got anyone to mention low static pressure and 200mm fans! ;)

And there I was thinking it was an upgrade over my water cooling rig made out of a pond pump, MK3 Ford Fiesta heater radiator, couple of fans out of a Compaq Proliant server and an aluminium block I made myself back in 2001...

Associate
It’s 2x180 in the torrent I think.

Thermal take view 51 looks like it could fit a 400x200 rad on the front as it has 2x 200 front fans which seem to fit without restriction around them.

A scour of the web suggests you can get close (ish £169) to £150 price if you snag a deal on it. Can’t link to it tho.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yup torrent has been recalled till they fix the fan hub issue.

I don't think there is a case in mind that could house that size of a radiator. You might want to look into external cooling using bulk head / passthrough fittings.

Back
Top Bottom