Poll: Dutch Grand Prix 2021, Zandvoort - Race 13

Rate the 2021 Dutch Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Commissario
I gave it a 6 because even though the race itself was a bit dull, I enjoyed the overall experience. The crowd brought the place to life, the atmosphere looked fantastic and I didn't fall asleep (which I often do).

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Snorefest. Voted it 1/10 because nothing happened.

I see Mazepin cut up his team mate again and Crofty/Button totally missed it :o

Associate
Gave it a 5.
Perfect race from Max, didn't set a foot wrong.

Bit sad after the race when the camera switched to the Dutch commentator team and one of them had tears running down his face. Jeez, he's Belgian! :p

Caporegime
Can I vote the race director 'pancake'

He was totally fixed on verstappen.
At the end on the time sheet race there was a great battle (I think) between perez, Ocon, sainz and alonso.

Perez overtook a few at end and alonso got sainz. Nothing from the race director. Happened a few times during the race. Spent more time watching the times than the race

Fun to watch camera angles but even highlights were boring. You could see after that terrible first pit stop ham wasn't going to get verstappen. Even though the commentators were bigging it up.

Best bit for me about the gp? C4s running joke about coulthard on the nudist beach.
I do love the light hearted coverage.

Bottas and particularly perez were poor.
Perez is lucky to get that seat next year really. Gasley doing a great job. He's lucky he's not going to RBR anytime soon. Because every one of verstappens team mates have struggled

Soldato
Fun to watch camera angles but even highlights were boring. You could see after that terrible first pit stop ham wasn't going to get verstappen. Even though the commentators were bigging it up.
Mercedes did have a brief window to potentially jump Verstappen - the lap before Verstappen passed Bottas they should have pitted Hamilton for hards. He was a couple of seconds behind Verstappen at the time, but might have made that up with Verstappen having to follow Bottas for a lap. Maybe they were hoping Verstappen wouldn't get past Bottas and they could have closed up a little more first.

Verstappen would probably have had to stay out without a suitable new tyre, but Mercedes weren't going to win by allowing Verstappen to react every time they pitted and following him around. The timing of the second stop where they put Hamilton back into traffic was dreadful.

I voted a 4. A largely dull race in hindsight, but enough strategy and tension to make it worth watching at the time. It certainly wasn't a Monaco.

Caporegime
Mercedes did have a brief window to potentially jump Verstappen - the lap before Verstappen passed Bottas they should have pitted Hamilton for hards. He was a couple of seconds behind Verstappen at the time, but might have made that up with Verstappen having to follow Bottas for a lap. Maybe they were hoping Verstappen wouldn't get past Bottas and they could have closed up a little more first.

Verstappen would probably have had to stay out without a suitable new tyre, but Mercedes weren't going to win by allowing Verstappen to react every time they pitted and following him around. The timing of the second stop where they put Hamilton back into traffic was dreadful.

I voted a 4. A largely dull race in hindsight, but enough strategy and tension to make it worth watching at the time. It certainly wasn't a Monaco.

Yes I did like the strategy calls. It was great second stop that was botched for me. No idea why they pitted into that traffic.

Definitely like having the highlights though. Really makes races less boring.

Caporegime
He was totally fixed on verstappen.
At the end on the time sheet race there was a great battle (I think) between perez, Ocon, sainz and alonso.

Perez overtook a few at end and alonso got sainz. Nothing from the race director. Happened a few times during the race. Spent more time watching the times than the race

Yeah, I noticed that the positions down the order had suddenly changed and had no idea why. I think Sainz took a very late pitstop for some reason, but how Pérez made it past Ocon I don't know

Bottas and particularly perez were poor.
Perez is lucky to get that seat next year really. Gasley doing a great job. He's lucky he's not going to RBR anytime soon. Because every one of verstappens team mates have struggled

I thought Bottas did okay. He was on the slower of the split strategy options and managed his tyres okay. By the time Max caught him his tyres were on their last legs and holding him up for long was always going to be a tall order, although I suspect a driver like Alonso could have managed a few more laps.

I never figured out what happened to Pérez in quali - I thought he was just slow but interviews showed him complaining about something so I'm not sure if he had some kind of issue with traffic when he was trying to set his fast time. During the race, he ruined his first set of tyres with a clumsy lock-up but then drove well to fight his way up the field on a track where it's devlish hard to overtake. Bit of a mixed bag really. I'm surprised they signed him so soon, tbh, given his very variable performances so far.

Gasly is having another great season, made even starker by the desperate underperformance from his teammate. I think Yuki will likely keep the seat next year because none of the Red Bull juniors look like they're ready to make the jump and I think RB have become wary of hasty over-promotion but if he can't dramatically improve next year I think that'll be it for Yuki. I don't see Gasly ever going back to RB; I just don't think management like him. We were hearing rumours of him being unpopular in the factory since before his first RB race, and he was dumped with unseemly haste. Apparently, he wasn't happy with the car and wanted changes, and Newey was having none of it. I hope he can find a good seat somewhere else, he's showing himself to be a class driver.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
-1 for Mercedes' fastest lap shenaniganry
-2 for the cars being too large and too heavy for the circuit
-3 for the TV director missing half of what little action there was

4/10

Caporegime
Yeah, I noticed that the positions down the order had suddenly changed and had no idea why. I think Sainz took a very late pitstop for some reason, but how Pérez made it past Ocon I don't know

Middle snip

Gasly is having another great season, made even starker by the desperate underperformance from his teammate. I think Yuki will likely keep the seat next year because none of the Red Bull juniors look like they're ready to make the jump and I think RB have become wary of hasty over-promotion but if he can't dramatically improve next year I think that'll be it for Yuki. I don't see Gasly ever going back to RB; I just don't think management like him. We were hearing rumours of him being unpopular in the factory since before his first RB race, and he was dumped with unseemly haste. Apparently, he wasn't happy with the car and wanted changes, and Newey was having none of it. I hope he can find a good seat somewhere else, he's showing himself to be a class driver.

I think perez just caught and overtook. And sainz just had degradation.

I really hoped gasley would be in the alpine myself. But now Ocon has a ridiculous 3 year deal doesn't seem likely any time soon.
Not a big Ocon fan. Certainly don't think he deserved a 3 year deal!

Caporegime
I think perez just caught and overtook. And sainz just had degradation.

The Live Timing was showing him as having fresh rubber at the end, but looks like that was just a glitch. Even more annoying that the director missed it.

I really hoped gasley would be in the alpine myself. But now Ocon has a ridiculous 3 year deal doesn't seem likely any time soon.
Not a big Ocon fan. Certainly don't think he deserved a 3 year deal!

Yeah, Alpine seemed like a great place for him, but I don't see a slot opening up. Ocon and Gasly apparently really dislike each other, so I can't see them being happy teammates even if he joined after Alonso re-retires.

Soldato

IIRC Hamilton got stuck behind a backmarker that Bottas and Verstappen managed to clear, so the Bottas holdup tactic didn't work.

Yep, Merc/Hamilton had two chances (however slim) to get past Max and they blew both of them.

Back
Top Bottom