German Doner Kebab

Soldato
So I guess you guys don't have a favourite topping with your GDK?:p
However it comes is usually good enough...

In summary they all use elephant leg and put a different sauce and brand name on it. Some people gate keep though because their German mate says so.
While others assert that their lone opinion is wholly representative of entire nations' perspectives, despite many of their people stating to the contrary...

Soldato
Was in Stratford last week so decided to give them a try.

Had a basic mixed meat doner (no cabbage or tomato) with fries. It was nice, definitely less greasy than most kebab places, but if/when I go again I would probably ask for sauce on the side as the standard white sauce they put in the kebab was a bit much for me. I must admit though it was the best bread I have ever had with a kebab (excluding Sheesh Mahal in Nottingham that used to do them on the most amazing Naan breads).

I would have again but wouldn't make a trip just to get one

3l7PKae.jpg

Associate
OP
Was in Stratford last week so decided to give them a try.

Had a basic mixed meat doner (no cabbage or tomato) with fries. It was nice, definitely less greasy than most kebab places, but if/when I go again I would probably ask for sauce on the side as the standard white sauce they put in the kebab was a bit much for me. I must admit though it was the best bread I have ever had with a kebab (excluding Sheesh Mahal in Nottingham that used to do them on the most amazing Naan breads).

I would have again but wouldn't make a trip just to get one

3l7PKae.jpg

Why did you have to post a picture for....you're making me hungry now...I always add cheese and the spicy sauce in mine.

Last edited:
Soldato
aka your two German mates from work
Currently eleven Germans and three Turks, though all but one are merely colleagues and definitely not mates... but also there's the various discussions online which, although not organised by any official poll group or anything, are still genuine people with genuine opinions, none of which concur with what this dude was saying.

So whichever way you want to look at it, his one opinion does not match up with what lots of other people are saying (including the haters) and he is clearly not the authority on doner kebabs he makes himself out to be.... You wanna flap about 'gate keeping', start with him and his "Only in Green Lanes" nonsense.

Associate
OP
Had one today just the Kebab with extra meat no fries although I wanted the fries covered in cheese. One of those always fills me up so no dinner when When I get home.

Associate
OP
Mmmmm it’s too early to be looking at posts like this. Looks scrumptious. Might have to go grab one soon too

Hope you get a good franchise the GDK in High Wycombe Sucks the best one I have been to is the Reading Branch best by far.

Been to Slough once was not impressed may need to go again to be sure.

Associate
Hope you get a good franchise the GDK in High Wycombe Sucks the best one I have been to is the Reading Branch best by far.

Been to Slough once was not impressed may need to go again to be sure.
The one I go to is in Birmingham city centre and it’s quite good! It’s just been over a year since I’ve been due to Covid :eek:

Back
Top Bottom