Gigabyte M28U Release Date

Soldato
Associate
Sorry @DeliciousStorage @peahead no idea how much it has improved / changed. Literally got the monitor this morning after replacing my LG 27GP950B with the M28U.

fwiw had a quick session on CSGO using Overdrive off, it felt great and every bit as snappy as the LG.

Associate
@Sh4rkie how do you find it in comparison to the LG 27GP950-B?
Probably too early for me to say fairly at this stage. What i would say is i'd had the LG since launch, so close to 3 months and after using the Gigabyte today i'd be hard pressed to tell much of a difference between the panels in real world usage.

I've calibrated the panel and in desktop use you'd be splitting hairs to tell them apart imo. Gaming wise i've only played a few titles but everything feels and looks the same so far, at least to my eyes. I prefer the much maligned Gigabyte menu system, it seems to have more options / flexibility and the Sidekick software i've actually found useful to create some custom crosshairs / quick change of display options.

Two things i would say for sure, for the IPS panel lottery the Gigabyte wins hands down. My LG was good for IPS glow but it was still present, on my Gigabyte panel there is barely any at all and it's a big improvement. Second thing is support, the reason i swapped out the LG was the well documented black screen flicker issue with VRR enabled in some games. 3 months after purchase and not a single update from LG. The Gigabyte shipped with fw F02 and the one from yesterday is F06, so night and day from them being active resolving / improving things.

I thought the LG was a stellar monitor in all respects apart from the black screen issues, early days but the Gigabyte matches that assessment.

Associate
Upgrade firmware on mine and looks to have stopped me using 4k@120hz over USB-C with my Macbook :( sent a support ticket into Gigabyte to let them know.
Might be a MacBook compatibility thing in the fw because i get 144hz over USB-C from a Zephyrus G15 3060 with the latest monitor fw.

Associate
That's good to know, out of interest what is your USB-C compatibility set to? I noticed on the previous firmware that with that enabled it wouldn't allow me to use 120hz but has no effect with new firmware.

Certainly a regression bug and i'm sure it'll get fixed

Associate
That's good to know, out of interest what is your USB-C compatibility set to? I noticed on the previous firmware that with that enabled it wouldn't allow me to use 120hz but has no effect with new firmware.

Certainly a regression bug and i'm sure it'll get fixed
Off because i didn't know what it did and Google failed me lol

Associate
Sorry @DeliciousStorage @peahead no idea how much it has improved / changed. Literally got the monitor this morning after replacing my LG 27GP950B with the M28U.

fwiw had a quick session on CSGO using Overdrive off, it felt great and every bit as snappy as the LG.
RTINGS say there are significant improvements in input lag (link).

Edit: results

New Firmware
Native Resolution 4.6 ms
Native Resolution @ 60Hz 13.1 ms
Variable Refresh Rate 5.9 ms
Variable Refresh Rate @ 60Hz 15.4 ms

Old Firmware
Native Resolution: 11.0 ms
Native Resolution @ 60Hz: 20.9 ms
Variable Refresh Rate: 7.0 ms
Variable Refresh Rate @ 60Hz: 15.9 ms

Last edited:
Associate
RTINGS say there are significant improvements in input lag (link).

Edit: results

New Firmware
Native Resolution 4.6 ms
Native Resolution @ 60Hz 13.1 ms
Variable Refresh Rate 5.9 ms
Variable Refresh Rate @ 60Hz 15.4 ms

Old Firmware
Native Resolution: 11.0 ms
Native Resolution @ 60Hz: 20.9 ms
Variable Refresh Rate: 7.0 ms
Variable Refresh Rate @ 60Hz: 15.9 ms
Awesome news and thanks for the link :)

Associate
And that's why they'll sit there for 6 months+ and the entire monitor section is heaving atm and will be for the foreseeable, they just aren't flexible enough with the discounts required to shift them.
Only 1 B grade left in stock so they appear to be shifting no problem.

Has there been any update on availability for the pre-order?
Also wondering the same @NikTheSHNIK

Associate
I ordered on Friday, but it looks like I missed the block of deliveries that OCUK had coming in.
Do we know when these will be back in stock?

Back
Top Bottom