Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Did the news article not say they could power up to 450k homes, so in 5 years we are talking 4.5m homes, or 6.8% of the UK population. I dunno, maybe that is good.

The latest figures show they'll be capable of powering roughly 1m homes which brings it closer to 15%. I read somewhere that they can be scaled appropriately for say, the size of a local population, though I'm no expert.

Caporegime
You already mentioned that though. You wouldn't have necessarily got a 42 times return though, you're talking about investing here a bit later on, you're only hearing about this now via your trader friend - if it cost you double to invest for example then you're looking at 21 times return... Of course, if it were that easy and that common then everyone would just allocate some of their portfolio to a few of these AIM cash shells and make $$$$$

Yup, just keep in mind that it is a punt. They raised circa 30million initially, then a further 50-ish million more recently (at 155p a share). Share price is now 240p a share, so there is some confidence there in this team.

But look at what you're getting - they've got circa 80 million in cash/assets, but at the current price of 240p a share the market cap is circa 200 million... so if you were to invest say £2000 you're basically buying £800 worth of cash/assets and paying a premium of £1200 for your confidence in this team and what they'll do.

On the plus side, it does indeed look like a good team, they've invested significant amounts themselves and clearly, the price is going one way at the moment, though that's before they've necessarily done much (bar, seemingly one acquisition the results of which are to be seen). It's not an unreasonable thing to perhaps anticipate that were you to invest now you might see further increases in price as they make more acquisitions or indeed complete further rounds of funding for that purpose, certainly, the people who bought in at 155 just a few months ago are looking at a nice profit already at the moment. Whether they're successful in the long run is another matter. AIM cash shells got a bad rep in the 00s, some very shady people got involved in them and investors got absolutely screwed, these guys, on the other hand, seem to be the real deal, it's still a small company and rather speculative but the good intentions seem to be there.

It is worth just making sure you know what you're getting into with these things, they're very much a gamble and it is all too easy to get swayed by narratives/promises of huge returns but if you're happy with that and willing to take a punt then, just treat it as such, an investment that might pay off but which you can afford to take a big hit on if it doesn't. Generally not considered to be the sort of thing to commit very much of your portfolio to.

Anyway, the above isn't meant to be investment advice etc.. just my thoughts. :)

Jumped 13% today. Very happy.

Soldato
Thats commodities, tons of gains possible. Whats the best ticker or fund for uranium. AAL was down 10% in one day not long ago, nothing much wrong with them afaik I dont think they are expensive but there is the fear of higher interest rates etc

Anyone here holding KISTOS?

Reminds me of PMG in their netherlands energy involvement, KRIS is tiny and PMG is a quarter of that so not really heard anything of them before but small oil is risky. $5 BOE sounds great

The market seems terrified of BABA, so I am going to suggest buy loads in the dip it is still in (albeit up today)

Buy over time, hold funds with it in seems reasonable. Not usually bullish on China for this reason, big possibility of interference but if it already happened and yet they can continue to grow very well then seems fair.

alibaba-may-have-finally-capitulated

Misery Index Definition (investopedia.com)

Last edited:
Soldato
Thats commodities, tons of gains possible. Whats the best ticker or fund for uranium. AAL was down 10% in one day not long ago, nothing much wrong with them afaik I dont think they are expensive but there is the fear of higher interest rates etc

Reminds me of PMG in their netherlands energy involvement, KRIS is tiny and PMG is a quarter of that so not really heard anything of them before but small oil is risky. $5 BOE sounds great

Buy over time, hold funds with it in seems reasonable. Not usually bullish on China for this reason, big possibility of interference but if it already happened and yet they can continue to grow very well then seems fair.

alibaba-may-have-finally-capitulated

If you wanted a UK fund - Geiger Counter (GCL) gives a good spread. If you wanted to get into companies themselves, they are all mainly canadian - Cur.v - eu.v fmc.v - iso.v -dnn -nxe - sruuf - id wait for a pullback though as we have had a week of insane gains. Follow John Quakes on twitter and uranium insider. Its a bit of a ride but its a total bull market right now, only going one way. The market is being manipulated by Sprott (SRUUF) buying as much uranium as they can to push the spot price up, its gone up about $3 this week alone, sits about $35 right now, if all goes to plan it should hit $150 at a minimum over the next couple of years which will send the stocks to the moon. The Party is just getting started :)

Soldato
If you wanted a UK fund - Geiger Counter (GCL) gives a good spread. If you wanted to get into companies themselves, they are all mainly canadian - Cur.v - eu.v fmc.v - iso.v -dnn -nxe - sruuf - id wait for a pullback though as we have had a week of insane gains. Follow John Quakes on twitter and uranium insider. Its a bit of a ride but its a total bull market right now, only going one way. The market is being manipulated by Sprott (SRUUF) buying as much uranium as they can to push the spot price up, its gone up about $3 this week alone, sits about $35 right now, if all goes to plan it should hit $150 at a minimum over the next couple of years which will send the stocks to the moon. The Party is just getting started :)

What broker or exchange to buy Uranium at?

Soldato
I use interactive investor in the uk to buy my canadian, american and australian stocks.

Its mainly canadian exchange (think i have 8 canadian, 1 aussie and one US)

So you think it's a sure thing that uranium will go to $150 in 2 years meaning we should all be investing in it?

That's over 300% increase.

Soldato
Anyone else here in Blue Prism? I luckily timed buying it last week on a tip :D

Good timing. I’ve been in for a while so even with the surge I’m at a loss. Think around 1300 was my entry point.

I still fail to understand the huge drop down to 800 as they still seem best in class in some segments and seem very undervalued as a whole. The only reason seems to be some product gaps.

Soldato
RR were also involved in a tender for supplying engines to the USAAF for the B52's as well at one point as they didn't want to have all of their eggs in one manufacturers basket iirc..

RR are still involved in the proposal to re-engine the B52, the down select hasn't started yet.

The RR portfolio is roughly 50% civil, 25% military and 25% power systems.

Soldato
Good timing. I’ve been in for a while so even with the surge I’m at a loss. Think around 1300 was my entry point.

I still fail to understand the huge drop down to 800 as they still seem best in class in some segments and seem very undervalued as a whole. The only reason seems to be some product gaps.
Didn't they fudge up their R&D spending and then effectively re-code a lot of "keep the lights on" activity to R&D? And then the founder quit? :p

Soldato
Might be of interest to some, Im actually bad seeing the growth in tech stocks for value in the price

I see finance and mining stocks single digit PE and able to pay 6% yield for the foreseeable future and think theres not much better. Probably not that simple but they arent poor. CMCX fell 20% the other day, under 900m cap and profits falling from 330 to 250m so makes sense it'd fall clearly lol

Associate
Whats a good service to trade stock in the UK? I'm currently using Revolut but it's pretty limiting.
Also is there a good platform where I can trade with virtual money to practice?

Back
Top Bottom