• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is there any worth upgrading 1070 in my rig?

Caporegime
Having to turn down settings a bit more often in games.

But my rig is very old. And it may not be worth upgrading.

I'm still on an 4770k
And 1070
Monitor is a 3440 ultra wide. Usually play at 100 or 60hz (60 of I want graphics better, 100 if I need that)

Its possible my. Cpu is the bottleneck I'm so out of the loop!

With prices how they are, any worth in a better gpu?

Associate
Probably better off with a full system upgrade at this point, certainly if you are playing the latest AAA titles which are recommending 6 or even 8 (see FarCry 6) core CPU's.

Caporegime
OP
Probably better off with a full system upgrade at this point, certainly if you are playing the latest AAA titles which are recommending 6 or even 8 (see FarCry 6) core CPU's.

That's what I thought. And what I'm not going to go for. I'm not so heavily into gaming now. And with cost of pc gaming hardware it's a dying hobby of mine.

Gone are days you could spend couple of hundred and bump up gpu. Then every few years a socket upgrade with cpu.

The cost of a full system. Build now is crazy when compare to cost of a nice holiday.

Associate
That's what I thought. And what I'm not going to go for. I'm not so heavily into gaming now. And with cost of pc gaming hardware it's a dying hobby of mine.

Gone are days you could spend couple of hundred and bump up gpu. Then every few years a socket upgrade with cpu.

The cost of a full system. Build now is crazy when compare to cost of a nice holiday.

Or a S/H motor if you shop at bottom end like me :D

Soldato
You could try to get one of the new consoles instead if you can. Alternatively cloud gaming is not a bad substitute, Geforce Now is actually pretty good (although they should upgrade the CPUs), it is limited to 1080P though. The free version doesn't have raytracing support and you lose access to the fastest hardware, also you can be put in a queue and play time is limited to one hour at a time.

Caporegime
OP
You could try to get one of the new consoles instead if you can. Alternatively cloud gaming is not a bad substitute, Geforce Now is actually pretty good (although they should upgrade the CPUs), it is limited to 1080P though. The free version doesn't have raytracing support and you lose access to the fastest hardware, also you can be put in a queue and play time is limited to one hour at a time.

Yeah maybe as this machine approaches the end of its life I'll look at cloud. Still, this is better than cloud at the moment. But I suspect there will come a time where you can pay by the minute.

Caporegime
Any idea what the sweet spot is? Cheapest of the new gen?

6600XT currently or if you can get founders edition the RTX 3080.

I suggest just go with the 6600XT it's in stock and readily available.

Or spend weeks/months hunting for a deal to pop up then miss it by 10 minutes

Back
Top Bottom