It's too hot :(

Man of Honour
25c in Rotherhithe, I’m not complaining but I’d prefer 27c-28c.
If you like 19c-21c you’re welcome to it, I like it hot and sunny.
As my wife says, “What are you, a ******* iguana?

Soldato
Or tell the truth it seems :D
Me l, ocation brag, perish the thought, to be fair though i do seek out nice locations wherever i go
Today 25 in here but should drop pretty rapidly with doors open

Screenshot-20210906-183242-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Didn't think I was actually going to get to use the portable AC unit I bought at the end of July, but I've had it on for a few hours today, and tomorrow looks like a scorcher so will definitely be using it then. Will be worth every penny even if I only need to use it for a month in the average year and, as I dislike anything over about 20c outside, I imagine it'll get quite a bit of use as my room is usually 5+ degrees warmer as it's south facing :)

Associate
After a rather iffy start to the day it turned out to be wonderful. All those years of not wearing shorts as soon as we reach double digit Celsius seem to be paying off. Not even a drop of sweat. :p

Soldato
Think it might be the first night with a fan on since the July heatwave, just hope I sleep ok as work in morning, last time I was on annual leave and had the option of trying to catch up on sleep during the day.

Soldato
Here is the late heat surge I expected, up to 28.2C in my room yesterday, and 24.3C right now so probably at least 26 later. Hopefully doesnt hit 30s.

Soldato
Got a hospital appointment this morning. It’s always too hot in hospitals. If the hospitals reduce their heating, how much would that save the NHS?

For me I have always found them pleasant they have great A/C so visiting them in summer really cools me down.

Never gone to one with heating on in September.

Soldato
Urban heat island doesn't help does it. I'm in SOuth Wales a few miles inland and a few degrees cooler than that but substanitally less built up. I bet London is horrendous especially with all that AC churning out heat too.

Soldato
Hot weather brings out some bad fashion.

Why do some women wear a strapless dress or top and wear a different coloured bra? If they can’t find strapless bras that fit, don’t buy strapless things!

Same goes for dark undies and white/pale clothing!

Back
Top Bottom