What does your car say about you?

Soldato
Focus ST Mk4

It says: Boy racer chav that lives at home, wears a tracksuit & baseball cap all day and loves the sound of a hole in the exhaust and ends every sentence with "like" or "innit?"

Reality: No pops and bangs (or any other mod), sensible (if quick) driving and a mortgage to pay. Would never wear a tracksuit or baseball cap and I enunciate my words clearly.

Soldato
18 year old BMW 330ci

It says "I am a young lad / chav who cannot afford an M3"

But I am the opposite of a "lad" (and not that young anymore) but remain far too chicken to spend M3 money on an M3...

Yup. Am similar. 02 plate 325ti Compact... I'm certainly not young or a chav.

Soldato
Toyota Avensis estate - I wanted a reliable machine and I don't care about cars or driving at all.

In reality, I love cars and was trying to be sensible and regret my decision. Once the finance is paid I'll be getting something else.

Same here, Grey Avensis estate, it's been an amazing car but it is the definition of dull.

Ours wont be going anywhere though as it's worth nothing and has been utterly reliable and cheap to run while being huge inside, i couldn't have asked for a better car in most respects.

Caporegime
About to be a Merc GLE 350de premium plus so probably exactly matches me as a boring middle aged director.

My other car is a 1969 MG midget - so again so point one :)

Soldato
Do you fit the typical image for your vehicle?
I drive an almost completely standard '97 Mk1 MX5 in British Racing Green. This should mean that I'm in my 70's and reliving my youth as I don't need a practical car anymore.

I am in fact still in my 30's (just) and now have a baby so anything other than a 4 seat car is a complete non starter... which is why it hasn't moved for 2 months and doesn't even have an MOT at the moment :rolleyes: :o

My company car is a Leon Estate which from an outsiders perspective is probably a good fit from a social/economic view of me as an individual.

Underboss
Ford Cmax, so family man who has no interest in cars.

In reality, family man who works from home and has given up on wasting money on cars.

As long as it gets me to the gym and golf course I'm good, costs me nowt but fuel/wear and tear.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Presumably as I don't live on a farm my Range Rover says I should have face tattoos and sell recreational pharmaceuticals.

Not sure what the M5 says, I quite like that it is pretty much anonymous compared to say an M3.

Associate
A 15 year old slightly scruffy Civic.

Probably say I'm cheap and/or poor.

I have considered replacing it, but it's old R Types I've been looking at, which I struggle to justify.

Back
Top Bottom