Is my psu powerful enough?

Soldato
I would get at least 650w for that, and you might want to edit out all those competitor names and prices because i dont think its allowed

Soldato
OP
600w is cutting it close .

Arctic P14 pwm are cheaper.

Why the 3700x over the 5600x ?
I'm feeling with the advice so far upping to 750w would be sensible and provide a bit of headroom as oppose to the zero currently available.

The 3700x was chosen due to budgeting. Finding a 5600x on the correct side of 200 was proving difficult!

Soldato
Using Power Save profile in Radeon settings would be one way to make power draw more sensible per performance.
Already normal Vega 64 has bad enough power efficiency with no real advantage for that wasted extra power and heat.
So that model no doubt takes ineffiency up to 11 and half.

The 3700x was chosen due to budgeting. Finding a 5600x on the correct side of 200 was proving difficult!
If your budget is that tight, you can't afford that heavily overpriced cooler either.
Neither can you afford such priced board.

And small M.2 is waste of limited slots.

Soldato
OP
Using Power Save profile in Radeon settings would be one way to make power draw more sensible per performance.
Already normal Vega 64 has bad enough power efficiency with no real advantage for that wasted extra power and heat.
So that model no doubt takes ineffiency up to 11 and half.

If your budget is that tight, you can't afford that heavily overpriced cooler either.
Neither can you afford such priced board.

And small M.2 is waste of limited slots.
Its not so much an issue or being able to afford but rather sticking to a target budget. Most parts were picked up second hand for a significant discount over retail prices.

Associate
I am running a 5800X with a 3080, on a Seasonic 650w SFX PSU.

Both parts are currently undervolted, but at stock settings… I still have no issues.

So you will be fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom