CPB green repair needed

Associate
Hi. I'm very new at this and I'm trying to repair something. Can you tell me if and how I repair this green as I think it is effecting the trace. Thank you.
JLkM

Soldato
Hi. I'm very new at this and I'm trying to repair something. Can you tell me if and how I repair this green as I think it is effecting the trace. Thank you.
JLkM

The 'green' is just a conformal coating. You can use nail polish to repair the damage to it. The trace running closest to where the green is missing doesn't appear to be making contact with the solder at its upper end.

Associate
The green like others have said is just a solder resist kind of varnish, Google, RELIFE RL-UVH 901G UV Curable Solder Mask Green only a few quid. The copper pad you have soldered is fine as it is a ground plain.
That soldering does not look too great, snotters on a dry stone dyke my lecturer would say! If you can I would get some solder wick and remove some of the excess, invest in some solder Flux and make sure your iron is set to around 375oC.
Soldering like that is due to bad wetting like welding where there has not been proper heat transfer, to all parts. IPA or rubbing alcohol is great for cleaning PCBs.

Associate
OP
The green like others have said is just a solder resist kind of varnish, Google, RELIFE RL-UVH 901G UV Curable Solder Mask Green only a few quid. The copper pad you have soldered is fine as it is a ground plain.
That soldering does not look too great, snotters on a dry stone dyke my lecturer would say! If you can I would get some solder wick and remove some of the excess, invest in some solder Flux and make sure your iron is set to around 375oC.
Soldering like that is due to bad wetting like welding where there has not been proper heat transfer, to all parts. IPA or rubbing alcohol is great for cleaning PCBs.

Thanks, this is really helpful

Back
Top Bottom