Quitting smoking tonight

Soldato
OP
Still off the fags @new boy?

Yes though finding it very tough still, maybe even tougher than the first couple of days :(

Went to get a haircut today and had fully decided that I had had enough and that I was going to buy some fags when I got to the high street. Fortunately I managed to change my mind by the time I got there.

I 100% think that had they still sold them In 10s I'd have got a pack of 10 TBH...

I'm not feeling very positive about quitting at the moment I'm afraid to say.

Still, 7 days tomorrow I think, that's a decent landmark. Maybe things will start getting easier soon.

Soldato
Yes though finding it very tough still, maybe even tougher than the first couple of days :(

Went to get a haircut today and had fully decided that I had had enough and that I was going to buy some fags when I got to the high street. Fortunately I managed to change my mind by the time I got there.

I 100% think that had they still sold them In 10s I'd have got a pack of 10 TBH...

Still, 7 days tomorrow I think, that's a decent landmark. Maybe things will start getting easier soon.

Vape?

Soldato
Well done!, I quit a few years back but vaped for a while then just stopped that as well when the time felt right. For me the habbits were the worst part not the actual smoking, like waking up with a tea and a cig etc

Soldato
@new boy Keep going! Just take it one day at a time, and when you struggle with that take it an hour at a time, even a minute at a time if you have to. So long as you don't have that first smoke you're doing well.

It's a lifestyle change and will be a struggle, don't be one of those people who cave in!!

Soldato
@new boy how many before you stopped would you say you smoked a day? Id be drawing some money out and putting it in some sort of a jar just to show how much you are saving financially as well as the health benefit.

Associate
Don't bother, same old nicotine trap. Nicotine does nothing for you, at all. It only takes away. Keep at it dude. Just get on with your life with more health, money and time.

I mean you can get 0% nicotine vape, more of placebo effect with that though or being so used to inhaling something.

You can also still buy 10 cigarettes, they come as leaf wrapped ones, with the menthol click etc.

Ridiculous how much they cost now though £10 for a pack of 20! I do admit I buy a box when I'm down the pub on a night out, but that first one I have tastes like utter crap. Just wish I could kick it entirely but when I have a pint they go together so well.

Associate
There is only one way to give up truly. Alan car "easy way"

You can download for free on audible for 30 days. He makes it easy

If you genuinely want to give up, please trust me.

Download it and go for a walk and listen to it. You must keep smoking until the final chapter.

Or you can buy his book

You don't buy patches etc he will explain all

Soldato

I quit 2 years ago and still get the odd craving. Was much worse in the 1st year, I would walk to the shop to buy cigs but would stand outside mentally fighting with myself, luckily the craving don't last long. Each time I quit and smoked that first cig again I didn't enjoy it and felt disappointed, I took a moment to really remember that feeling. Now each time I want to smoke I focus on that feeling and it helps to deter me.

Last edited:
Capodecina
Soldato
There is only one way to give up truly. Alan car "easy way"

You can download for free on audible for 30 days. He makes it easy

If you genuinely want to give up, please trust me.

Download it and go for a walk and listen to it. You must keep smoking until the final chapter.

Or you can buy his book

You don't buy patches etc he will explain all

Apart from people like me who quit without it.

Associate
I mean you can get 0% nicotine vape, more of placebo effect with that though or being so used to inhaling something.

Pointless. The only thing that is addictive is the nicotine, nothing else.

Take a deep breath of fresh air and be happy you are now actually able to do that because you are no longer filling your lungs with poison :)

Soldato
Well done!, I quit a few years back but vaped for a while then just stopped that as well when the time felt right. For me the habbits were the worst part not the actual smoking, like waking up with a tea and a cig etc

God, don't remind me!

Even though its been over thirty years since I quit, I still remember the absolute first thing I did when waking up in the morning was to stick a fag in my mouth and light up.

Horrible to even think I used to do that to my poor lungs.

Soldato
OP
So morning / afternoon at work were good today nicotine craving wise.

Evening at home has been bad. All I can think about is having a fag :(

I have been fairly sure there is probably a cigar in my car, I've been meaning to throw it out since I quit but keep forgetting. Naturally, I double checked a minute ago, maybe hoping there wasn't but there is... Its on my desk now, seams unlikely I'll not smoke it to be honest...

****, I already can taste the regret and disappointment :(

Soldato

Pointless doing that, given the nicoteen has left his body now after 7 days. You dont' want to be putting it BACK again.

Vaping is sucking unknown super heated fluid, into your lungs, what could go wrong.

Look online for Alan Carr Easy way to stop smoking....read the book when you want a smoke. It'll reprograme your brain to see smokes for what they really are....grim. You can find it free if you look hard enough too ;)

Back
Top Bottom