UEFA World Cup Qualifiers & International Friendlies **spoilers** [1st - 8th Sept 2021]

Caporegime
He wasn’t going to sub any of the back four though was he?
With fresher legs in other positions you have a better chance of not being camped in your own half.

There is no way we should accept being camped in our own half against Poland.

Even Roy Keane questioning his lack of subs.

e: In fact all the pundits questioning his lack of subs. Because it's not rocket science.

Soldato
With fresher legs in other positions you have a better chance of not being camped in your own half.

There is no way we should accept being camped in our own half against Poland.

Even Roy Keane questioning his lack of subs.

e: In fact all the pundits questioning his lack of subs. Because it's not rocket science.

As much as i understand what youre saying England were playing suicide balls 1 nil up. They have to take some responsibility. You have a captain on the pitch who has a voice aswell.

Caporegime
Most talented squad we’ve had in my lifetime and if we win nothing it’ll be criminal. Southgate will **** it up the wall. A championship level manager with this sort of quality at his disposal, it’s crazy.

FA looking to extend his contract to past Germany 2024 as well. Joy.

Caporegime
It seems Sougthgate doesn't understand tiredness.

In his interview after, he was asked why he didn't make any subs. He said, "It would just have been making changes for the sake of it, we were in total control."

Two things: we were only 1-0 up. That is not "total control". Total control is 4-0 up or similar. I need remind no one that England have a history of failing to defend 1-0 leads.

Second, Poland scored. We were not, therefore, in total control. And yet, despite these things, Gareth thinks that making substitutions has no real purpose.

The man is seemingly an idiot.

Question for the room: Which other top club or international manager refuses to make subs when he has decent options on his subs bench?

Soldato
It seems Sougthgate doesn't understand tiredness.

In his interview after, he was asked why he didn't make any subs. He said, "It would just have been making changes for the sake of it, we were in total control."

Two things: we were only 1-0 up. That is not "total control". Total control is 4-0 up or similar. I need remind no one that England have a history of failing to defend 1-0 leads.

Second, Poland scored. We were not, therefore, in total control. And yet, despite these things, Gareth thinks that making substitutions has no real purpose.

The man is seemingly an idiot.

Question for the room: Which other top club or international manager refuses to make subs when he has decent options on his subs bench?

Ole..

fez

fez

Caporegime
To be fair to Ole, his bench in the EL final wasn't anything special. He is another manager who is scared to make subs though. When something is kind of working he would rather cross his fingers and hope something good happens than try and force it.

Southgate isn't even close to Oles level. Dour, depressing, defensive football with a wealth of attacking talent. Players completely out of position. Lack of subs. Tactics completely at odds with the teams we are playing against. Its nice to see that people are starting to realise just how **** he is but it took some of you long enough. England got to the final of the Euros despite Southgate, not because of him. I genuinely don't have enough bad things to say about Southgate as a manager. Absolute weasel.

Soldato
No but when you are playing Poland who need a result and are 1-0 up you put them to the sword by freshening up the forward line. In return the defence isn't under pressure to maintain that 1-0 lead.

What’s the point in fresh forward line if they’re just going to pass it sideways at walking pace?

Also, I don’t know much about defensive marking but should Maguire have picked up the guy who scored the header?

Back
Top Bottom