• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5600x vs 5800x

Soldato
No, Zen and Zen+ are ***** gaming architectures. You are trying to blame Nvidia for this by creating a driver overhead 'issue'. Guess what, driver and scheduling overheads are nothing new and also change between API's, at some point CPU architecture won't be able to keep up with the GPU this is not an 'issue' with driver overhead, it's the natural progression of technology. You're using this HUB story to plug AMD, one that shows just how poor Zen and Zen+ are to anyone but a layman.

Anyway, I believe you are fully aware of these facts and I am done debating this topic with you good sir (still going to pull you every time I see you misleading people with this nonsense).

When paired with RTX cards it’s seems to be that way, yet the performance is totally fine when the same CPU’s are paired with AMD RDNA cards.

Anyway, you seem incapable of understanding the issue.

Soldato
I think Alan has finished his irruption now.

Anyway @opethdisciple, I think you’ll be fine with the 5600X and RX card, not sure about an RTX card though. Maybe try and jump on the beta.

Soldato
OP
What postal service do people use to send back expensive hardware to OcUK?

I need to use "recorded, insured and signed-for services".

I was going to use DPD next day delivery but... it looks like they would expect a telephone number and would be providing the 'recipient' with updates.

As I am sending back to OcUK there is no recipient really.

So what service do I use?

DPD to insure an item of 250 was going to cost around £22 to send it back.

Royal Mail special delivery with insurance up to £500 looks about £8.

Last edited:
Associate
What postal service do people use to send back expensive hardware to OcUK?

I need to use "recorded, insured and signed-for services".

I was going to use DPD next day delivery but... it looks like they would expect a telephone number and would be providing the 'recipient' with updates.

As I am sending back to OcUK there is no recipient really.

So what service do I use?

DPD to insure an item of 250 was going to cost around £22 to send it back.

Royal Mail special delivery with insurance up to £500 looks about £8.

You could phone and ask them. I returned a case to another seller recently. Was going to post it back, but after speaking to them, they said they would deduct 5.99 from refund, and all I had to do was drop it off at a dpd dropoff site with postage they provided. They took all risk. Maybe ocuk have something similiar, or if they don't they should look into it, as it was at a price I couldn't match.

Associate
To be fair Far Cry 5 ran quite slow for my 3080, with a 3700x. The graphics from previews dont look that much better in 6 and maybe if they introduced rtx to the game, they will input DLSS down the line (provided its not already supported)?

Soldato
No, Zen and Zen+ are ***** gaming architectures. You are trying to blame Nvidia for this by creating a driver overhead 'issue'. Guess what, driver and scheduling overheads are nothing new and also change between API's, at some point CPU architecture won't be able to keep up with the GPU this is not an 'issue' with driver overhead, it's the natural progression of technology. You're using this HUB story to plug AMD, one that shows just how poor Zen and Zen+ are to anyone but a layman.

Anyway, I believe you are fully aware of these facts and I am done debating this topic with you good sir (still going to pull you every time I see you misleading people with this nonsense).

What the hell are you talking about? Everyone KNEW going into Ryzen 1xxx and 2xxx that they didn't have 'the best' single core performance and was still behind Intel in that regard. It was well reviewed and documented, and with the release of 3xxx single core perf finally came up to match. Now, to jiggers point, he didn't even mention the 2xxx series, YOU did. You have tried to move the goal posts and failed with your own evidence.

Now.. back to speculating why it needs 8 threads instead of 6 for 4k, given that it lists both AMD and Nvidia cards for that resolution with RT.

Soldato
OP
Will a NHD14 cooler cope with a 5900x?

I still don't know what to do.

Keep the 5600x or send it back.

Issue is a 5900x is over 50% more cores over a 5800x and is currently only 25% more cost.

I should use my brain and not fall in to that trap though. A 5900x over a 5800x in games doesn't offer that much more.

Last edited:
Associate
You could look at it this way...keep the 5600x and put the £200 you save in the piggy bank...in 2/3 years time crack it open and buy the next CPU equivalent , which will prob outperform the 5900x by then anyway in games
https://youtu.be/Ij6UxKtdU14
5600x outperforms 3900x from YouTube above

Soldato
OP
You could look at it this way...keep the 5600x and put the £200 you save in the piggy bank...in 2/3 years time crack it open and buy the next CPU equivalent , which will prob outperform the 5900x by then anyway in games
https://youtu.be/Ij6UxKtdU14
5600x outperforms 3900x from YouTube above

Yea. Its a great value CPU no doubt.

But this video has me concerned regarding CPU usage compared to the 5800x.

In some game there is about 30% difference CPU usage between the chips. Doesn't bode well for future titles.

Associate
What the hell are you talking about? Everyone KNEW going into Ryzen 1xxx and 2xxx that they didn't have 'the best' single core performance and was still behind Intel in that regard. It was well reviewed and documented, and with the release of 3xxx single core perf finally came up to match. Now, to jiggers point, he didn't even mention the 2xxx series, YOU did. You have tried to move the goal posts and failed with your own evidence.

Moved the goal posts ?

Jigger is now claiming that the 5600x is affected by 'Nvidia driver overhead' to the point where it will not run the latest titles at max settings.

It probably depends greatly on the graphics manufacturer. A 5600X might be fine with an AMD RDNA solution but not with Nvidia RTX.

From what I’ve seen, a lot the issues attributed to the CPU are actually an Nvidia issue.

Can you demonstrate any 6 core/12 thread processors from over the past 4 years that get severely hampered by this overhead ? I can name two based on the claims of a well known youtube channel. They even said themselves that owners of the current gen hardware will not be affected.

I didn't move the goal posts, I cut to the chase.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
TBF though 57-58% usage was max in the most CPU demanding titles at 4k, that's only 3 and a bit cores :cry:.. Why would this game require over double ??

What I am getting at here is that the 5600x and the 5800x might be comparable in games until the usage on the 5600x starts getting to 80% + and then you start getting stuttering.

Soldato
OP
These benchmarks make me feel better though. Practically no difference between the CPUs.

However like I mentioned above is what is not being show in this review is the % usage on the CPU.

Soldato
OP
Mathematically is doesn't make sense to swap a 5600x for a 5800x.

A 5800x offers 33% more cores for 50% more price.

A 5900x on the other hand offers 50% more cores for 25% more money over a 5800x.

My only consideration is I don't want to be caught out in future titles that need 8 cores to render RT to its max as I do have a 3080 at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom