More star trek games added to gog

Soldato
Someone on Reddit posted that they are lazy ports however, no widescreen fixes, and no fixes to multiplayer etc. But I can’t verify that, haven’t bought any, yet.

Soldato
I'd love to pick up Elite Force 1 & 2 and Armada 1 & 2 for nostalgia. Loved all four games growing up. I still remember the absolutely dench handbook that came with Armada 1 that I used to read in the car.

Think I still have the Armada 2 DVD in a box in the attic...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Would love to see Bridge Commander and the Armada games on steam someday. Wish they did some basic work on them so they worked on modern resolutions without an issue.

Soldato
Final unity.

YES!

giphy.gif

Wait I got too excited, thought they added it. :(

Associate
Would love BotF. It's a shame #2 never got very far. Mods were good too. I believe I have got it working on win10, but iirc you needed to get a different version because the one I had on disk was the wrong one.

Bridge commander was fun, remember playing a fair bit of the mods. I remember kicking the hell outta sovereigns in the bird of prey. Poor things :D. Also remember flying inside an ai warbird as a shuttle, didn't end up killing it as I misjudged a turn and crashed into it but I did a fair amount of damage to the warp core.

Still got armada 2 around too. Not got a dvd drive though! There was a good B5 mod for it iirc. I remember modding the defiant class to have quantum torps and a cloak.

Ahhh good times.

Soldato
OP
botf on windows 10 works, dunno how i got it working but works.

Cant wait for armada tho, st vs sw mods, b5 mods, ares and battlestations mods etc. Maybe i can find my map packs i made back in the day. :) I preferred 1 over 2 as i just didnt like the ui i think or the extra stuff, even tho technically it was better.

botf 2 fan game st supremacy works and u can play mp, just no 3d combat and i think diplomacy isnt fully done, other than that it should play ok afaik.

Soldato
I wish they remade elite force on a modern engine, feels like we need a new star trek game. Maybe I should go look at the mmo again.

Associate
botf on windows 10 works, dunno how i got it working but works.

Cant wait for armada tho, st vs sw mods, b5 mods, ares and battlestations mods etc. Maybe i can find my map packs i made back in the day. :) I preferred 1 over 2 as i just didnt like the ui i think or the extra stuff, even tho technically it was better.

botf 2 fan game st supremacy works and u can play mp, just no 3d combat and i think diplomacy isnt fully done, other than that it should play ok afaik.

I've not played 1, only really found out about 2 because a mate at school was telling me about #1 and I realised #2 was coming out so I bought it.

I don't know why my BotF cd doesn't version didn't work right, might be an update patch isn't compatible. I know that I've got a folder with a BotF 1.0.2 english_german patch (as well as an iso), but the cd version i've got was a no go for it. Unless it was to do with mods....

Didn't realise dev on BotF 2 was still going on, just looked at armada fleet command and it's still active. Thought it'd died tbh! Link of the thread I was looking at. I'm not 100% sure this is the one I originally saw tbh, not that I mind.

Soldato
I don't know why my BotF cd doesn't version didn't work right, might be an update patch isn't compatible. I know that I've got a folder with a BotF 1.0.2 english_german patch (as well as an iso), but the cd version i've got was a no go for it. Unless it was to do with mods....

There's a patch you can download to make it work on Win 10. I still play it occasionally...

Aaaand, 30 seconds after writing the above, see:

https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/onscreen/botf/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3509

It's an all in one installer for the original game, plus about 26 full game mods. You choose which ones you want.

Back
Top Bottom