Energy Suppliers

Soldato
That’s fine. The house has a battery installed too.
Just pick the cheapest tariff to buy, and weigh it against what they pay you for your unused power.
Over the coming year you should get an idea what you use Vs what you sell so next year you'll have a much better idea of it's worth prioritising sell rate Vs buy rate.

Soldato
Is it normal for Avro to still be charging me DD the month after I leave?

I left them for Utility Point last month, UP confirmed the switch was done, and have since billed me upfront which is fine. But Avro have just billed me as usual as well :p

I have of course reached out to them but I think they only do email and it's 5-10 working day responses.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been looking at 12 and 24 month fixed deals, Neon Reef Neptune V3 is coming out the cheapest by over £200, next best is Ovo 2 year fix which will be cheaper than my current supplier.

Reading some reviews of Neon Reef I'm not sure I would go with them, so it's looking like Ovo.

Has anyone managed to get topcashback and the Ovo Refer a friend to both work?

Soldato
I have just signed up for 12 months with Sainsbury's Energy who resell E.ON Next at the same price. Only benefits are electricity from renewable sources, £30 in Nectar points and no cancellation fees.

Prices are ridiculous at £180 more for my expected usage compared to my previous EDF Welcome GNE Variable 4 tarrif!

Soldato
Looked at Ovo myself, but taking the £30 exit fee into account I decided to move to Outfoxthemarket ,similar price but with better reviews. Have to agree though, the price hikes are a bit steep. The Octopus energy renewal quote, who I am with with now, added an extra £240 onto my current annual bill. Saved £120 moving to a similar fixed tariff.

Soldato
I'm with PFP energy on a variable tariff that they now don't advertise to new customers. All the new ones are much more expensive. I wonder what will happen with my tariff. My bill for August is in and there are no rises in the prices.

EDIT: Just checked people's energy who I used to be with and they have old and new tariff from 1st October listed. Prices have gone up 22% for Elec and 26% for Gas. I suspect most other places will follow.

PFP Energy have stopped trading, just got an email from British Gas to say all PFP customers are being taken over by them. Ah well.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I will be ringing my supplier this week that I transferred to in May, looks like they are jacking prices up by 20%. Got the email yesterday.

Looks like you can switch and not trigger any early leaving fee (as they upped the price) - what have others experienced of this? Seems like you have to make sure the one your switching to has already jacked up prices otherwise your hopping into another shafting.

Man of Honour
I just got a new "offer" from green for a fixed deal as my current one comes to a end at the end of October and the prices are horrendous. They want 5.040p per kwh of gas, 24.85p per kwh of electricity and both have 24.850p per day standing charges. Those are massive increases (almost double for gas) on my current tariff which is 14.0430p per kwh for electricity, 2.6680p per kwh for gas and a standing charge of 17.14p per day for each. I think I am going to struggle to find a good deal anywhere this time around. Just in time for Winter too!!

Back
Top Bottom