Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Man of Honour
What's the bug situation like? I just bought it and had a look at the discussion forum on steam and there were a few complaints but it doesn't seem that bad? Guess I'll find out too.

So far I've done 70 hours and I have only encountered one bug, which was a pathing issue more than a bug really, other than that I havent noticed anything that would be deemed a bug. There's a hat which has an icon of a crate rather than a hat but again thats not really a bug per se.

Man of Honour
Yeah I thought it might be improved. :cry: can rarely resist an RPG. :o

To be fair theres not really much they can do to improve on the combat, all of these CRPGs have much of a muchness when it comes to combat as there isnt a lot more that can be done with it. Got to say that after a slow start this is easily the best CRPG ever imo :)

Permabanned
To be fair theres not really much they can do to improve on the combat, all of these CRPGs have much of a muchness when it comes to combat as there isnt a lot more that can be done with it. Got to say that after a slow start this is easily the best CRPG ever imo :)

Divinity 2 combat is way better, baldurs gate is way better and that's early access.
Just needs even basic AI or scripting.

Man of Honour
I was hooked on Kingmaker but on this... I don't know! Is it the characters? The lacking combat? The wokeness of some of them ( lesbian orc... ).. shrug

The characters imo, the early characters I just didnt like, whereas I liked almost all the characters in Kingmaker I just couldnt gel with the likes of
Seelah, Lann, Ember, Nenio
however once I got further into the game I got companions that were superb and I liked them as much as the ones in Kingmaker
Regill (awesome) , Daeran, Woljif, Arueshalae, Greybor, Staunton, Wenduag, Delamere

Soldato
Alright I'm level 2 in the maze and I'm finding the boss difficult. I feel like I'm playing with paper vs fire. I'm guessing I should lower it from Core difficulty :(

Out of curiosity are people playing turn based or real time?

Soldato
OP
Turn based.

Currently trying to sort my army out, can't say I'm enjoying this aspect of the game. Going to have to wait weeks besides I have enough troops and no income as such. No more map left to explore as it stands.

Man of Honour
Yup, I'm on turn based too, I always prefer turn based in these sorts of games.

@Bickaxe if you're still early on you should be able to pretty easily get a lvl 6 or 7 army together quite quickly, even if you have to buy some mercenaries. If you're a bit later on you should have an archery range, stables and barracks in at least both Drezen and the little fort just outside Drezen. Thats what I did and in no time I had 2 x lvl 8 armies. I just bought the resources needed by selling all the loot I had collected through the game at that point, that all came to almost 100k gold

Soldato
OP
I hadn't taken Drezen at that point but had been taking it the easier enemy units rather than taking my time.
Morale was so low I couldn't recruit regular soldiers.
I spent pretty much all my cash on mercs and then threw everything in, took 2 attempts with the first battle whittling the numbers down and took it on the 2nd. Hoping morale has improved to start recruiting again.
I think my party could do a better job

Soldato
So I switched to turn based too and passed the boss I was stuck on. It just allows you to strategise and use all of your abilities in a meaningful way. That and it gave me the oppourtunity to chug potions like mad.

Wendaug man.... not going to spoil it but =/ Simple minded fool!

Back
Top Bottom