• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3*** Super and 4*** cards in 2022

Associate
Supers due in Jan and 4000's in Oct 22

I'm sure the 3090 Super will annoy the current 3090 owners who thought they got the cream of the crop?

As a 3090 owner this doesn't bother me at all... managed to mine half the cost of my card back in the winter/spring when Ethereum mining was most profitable. Also the difference between the 3080 and 3090 already shows diminishing returns. Can't imagine a super is gonna be any noticeable difference except in benchmarks.

Soldato
Next Oct for 4000 series is fine as it'll be well into 2023 before we can buy any of them :D

I also dread to think what the power requirements might be for 4000 series as well!

Soldato
Next Oct for 4000 series is fine as it'll be well into 2023 before we can buy any of them :D

I also dread to think what the power requirements might be for 4000 series as well!
There was a rumour a while back that they'll be in the 400-450W range. Doesn't really seem too far-fetched either, given many AIB 3080s/Tis/3090s can already go way above that.

Soldato
I'm sure with all the headlines on tsmc/Samsung etc putting prices up these supers will be more expensive. Good news for us gamers that I'd expect them all to be reduce mining speed cards so hopefully better stock.

Only thing that bugs me about my 3080 was dropping from 12gb to 10 GB VRAM but at the time there is/was no end in sight for the stock shortages so I took the plunge.

Soldato
They should delay RTX 4000 release by 3 months so they actually have stock that lasts more than 5 seconds this time when they go live.

Permabanned
I'm looking forward to see what the RT performance is like with the 4000 cards, but at the same time the rumoured power draw makes me happy I have an undervolted 3080.

Associate
There was a rumour a while back that they'll be in the 400-450W range. Doesn't really seem too far-fetched either, given many AIB 3080s/Tis/3090s can already go way above that.
I'm looking forward to see what the RT performance is like with the 4000 cards, but at the same time the rumoured power draw makes me happy I have an undervolted 3080.

The power draw will be substantially less and much more efficient as they move down to 5nm node compared to the current 8nm process

Associate
The power draw will be substantially less and much more efficient as they move down to 5nm node compared to the current 8nm process
RDNA 3 is rumoured to be an absolute beast so NVIDIA is pushing performance as high as they possible can to retain their crown as performance is all that matters to them. Power draw is definitely higher than Ampere per reliable leaks. The 4080 Ti will be 450w TDP IMO.

Soldato
Overpriced and very little stock.
The 3080 for instance would be a massive seller (from this point onwards) if they had the stock now that pushed the price down to reasonable levels. Think they should delay the releases and concentrate improving the here and now.
3060ti too.
The in stock items available now are due to people not wanting to pay high prices whereas those that would pay those prices already have done and got their cards IMHO.
We're in a little bit of status quo. Last thing thats needed is more models.

dNc5OeU.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't believe will see Super GPUs (except for a RTX 3090 Super, possibly), unless they are based on TSMC's 5nm EUV fabrication process. It would probably make more sense to release these cards as the RTX 4000 series.

Haven't they already maxed out Ampere on Samsung's 8nm? As usual, the rumours give no technical details, it's just more pointless guess work.

TSMC has put their prices up for 7nm based products, so I don't think it will be cheap to switch to 5nm EUV.

Lots of comments about pricing, what needs to improve a lot first is the production output of GPU dies and VRAM. Presumably, at some point the demand for consoles will fall, and capacity will be freed up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom