Want to go somewhere amazing for Christmas

Soldato
Well not really Christmas, the good lady's birthday (big one), which is on Christmas Eve.

Both booked 22nd to 29th off already, budget is fairly extravagant. 9 year old in tow.

The rules -

1. Must be amazing
2. Preferably warm
3. No more than 9 hours flight

Don't want to do anything Christmassy so no Scandinavia (go there too much anyway). I've also said no to Dubai as I don't like the place, though she is quite warm to the idea.

Any recommendations? It's only a week so we cannot go too far, but we want something amazing.

**EDIT 091121**

We had booked Marrakesh but can no longer go due to restrictions, so have booked Budapest.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Stoke on Trent is amazing. But not in the right way.

What kind of amazing? Much of the massif central region of France is amazing to look at, for example, but probably not the thing for a 9 year old. It's mainly agricultural areas in between areas that are untouched because they're mostly vertical. Any part of it would be quite warm and it's less than 9 hours flight from the UK. Might be ideal for a romantic visit for a couple, depending on the couple. But my guess is that it would be very boring for a 9 year old.

Man of Honour
£5K max.

Now looking at all-in at Agadir in Morocco. Which is a lot cheaper than our max budget.

Good choice, I was there for New Years many, many moons ago, great restaurants, nice beach, (although I’m not a beach person), short sleeves during the day, jacket or long sleeves in the evening.
High point for me was pulling a beauty from Slough, took her out a couple of times when we got back to U.K.
Christ knows why but I never sealed the deal, but friends who saw her were eating their hearts out.
Low point was two older Brits staying in my hotel, who suggested going to a cinema one afternoon, I declined, saying watching movies wasn’t my bag when the sun was shining.
One said, “You can pick up 8 y.o. little boys for a handful of dirhams”, eeew, yuck and double yuck.

Back
Top Bottom