The Matrix 4

Soldato
There is a lot of meta going on in this trailer

if we remember back in The Matrix cypher mentioned how he wanted to be someone important "like an actor" in the matrix. then there's 2 split second scenes of the first matrix being shown on a projector (1:56) and at the end of trailer the agent mentions "that we are going back to the matrix". if i had to guess Keanu is reprising the role of Neo as an Actor making a movie about the matrix. All the scenes that we are seeing could be for the matrix movie inside the matrix. it's not until he goes to the counselling sessions that something doesn't feel right and he feels that he's going crazy.

Or he is the Architect which is why we see an older Neo in the mirror that looks similar to the Architect from Matrix Reloaded. Neo is the one making up trinity and morpheus so he can stay in matrix and create what ever he wants.

I still have a feeling he is in a second matrix in the last film since he was able to disable the machines in the "real world" with powers... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z448-EqsO-c

Soldato
It would be a superb crossover (imo) if he was an actor playing John Wick within the Matrix, who when realises that something isn't "quite right." :D

Soldato
I still have a feeling he is in a second matrix in the last film since he was able to disable the machines in the "real world" with powers...

What will really spins peoples head what if that was another layer of the matrix? Morpheus Mentions defining what is real and you can make up what you want in the matrix. This could be all a dream or could be about Hollywood and about society and reboots of reboots.

There is a split second where you see Neo getting repaired, so this could be the Trauma and he just dreaming and that's when he wakes up 'Whoa'

Soldato
It would be a superb crossover (imo) if he was an actor playing John Wick within the Matrix, who when realises that something isn't "quite right." :D

The thing that confused me is why he doesn't look like Thomas Anderson but looks like Keanu, i think John Wick will be mentioned and I think Keanu is playing an Actor which is why he looks like himself. The scene with all the people on mobiles is so true and how Hollywood just do reboots.

Soldato
Here's the image of Neo being repaired if anyone missed it.

c5ty0yyopkm71.png

And here is the Matrix 1 within the Matrix 'Whoa"

c7zw1euljlm71.jpg

Soldato
You think they're taking what Cipher said literally, plug my body back in to the matrix, but I want to be someone important, like an actor. I want to remember nothing. Nothing.

Maybe they plugged him back in so he could see. Since he's blind, and the whole reset process wiped his memory.

Soldato
You think they're taking what Cipher said literally, plug my body back in to the matrix, but I want to be someone important, like an actor. I want to remember nothing. Nothing.

This 100% which makes sense with all the blue pills. Apparently from the test screening the film is very meta and ambitious

Soldato
This 100% which makes sense with all the blue pills. Apparently from the test screening the film is very meta and ambitious
I'm assuming the blue pills are there to stop him remembering, eg. You believe whatever it is you want to believe.

So they've stuck him back into the matrix, wiped his memory and are making him think his past is a film, with blue pills to control him. What the deal with like a young morpheus?

Soldato
I'm assuming the blue pills are there to stop him remembering, eg. You believe whatever it is you want to believe.

So they've stuck him back into the matrix, wiped his memory and are making him think his past is a film, with blue pills to control him. What the deal with like a young morpheus?

In the teaser we see morpheus being created, the question is by whom!? are they going to follow the matrix online cannon or has Lawrence fishbone created a younger self the "time to fly" goes back to the training programmes in M1, when Neo fails and falls. When i saw that it didn't feel right but i think it's done purposely remember smith saying "without purpose in m3, that things happen for a reason". Everything has a purpose in the matrix or they get deleted therefore i don't think Morpheus is real and created by the machines to keep Neo in the matrix.

The reason he doesn't remember trinity is my theory is that because trinity is played by someone else in the matrix "chistina ricci", therefore he would have never met carrie anne-moss in real life if christina ricci was trinity in M1. It's only until he meets her in the coffee shop that she says "do i know you" like they have met before. That's when machines try to stop them.

The part where Trinity and Neo jump off the building has so much meta along with "time to fly". if they are going down the cloud atlas route i think this is a love story and grief and having to let go therefore the matrix create trinity as he loves her too much, he cannot live without her as always "The problem is choice". Therefore Either the Machines or Neo Create Trinity and Morpheus to relive the same past.

Associate
Yeah, he got cloned but can remember the events from the previous movies making him more bad ass than what he should be on the normal 'balancing' loop.

IIRC there's a part in one of the trilogy where it's explained he isn't the first and there a big line of this happening repeatedly. I assume before no one could remember or it was different people, where as now this clone can remember.

It has been a while but I'm sure I remember this conversation between Smith and Neo.

Edit - After a quick google it was heavily hinted that Neo wasn't the first 'The One'

Another edit - It wasn't hinted at, he was downright told. Ha.

We know this, the architect clearly told him in Revolutions. There were 5 before him.

Associate
I'm mixed on the trailer. I'm just unsure on some of the actors, they seem not serious enough in their expressions. John Wick doesn't fit right for me either. But i guess i don't know the story, so...

Caporegime
Injected with memories of a different life... sounds like Neo has been to Recall.

Sati isn't surprised to see Neo...

In the ending of Revolutions when Sati meets The Oracle in the park she does this...

In Resurrections trailer we have this

and Thomas / Neo / Keanu looking up at the sun.

The Oracle: "Wow, look at that. Beautiful. Did you do that?"
Sati: "For Neo."
The Oracle: "That's nice, I know he'd love it".
Sati: "Will we ever see him again?"
The Oracle: "I suspect so, some day."

Back
Top Bottom