• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Associate
Still only got resident evil and AC for the ps5, i want ratchet and clank, returnal and death loop when that comes out but im refusing to pay the high prices so waiting for them to be discounted

Literally not turned the ps5 on for coming up 4 months

Associate
Pretty disappointed with the PlayStation event. Project eve and forsaken looked like they could be good (just need to see more gameplay). GTA7 and god of war looked great. I'm not into marvel stuff and most of the remakes I've already played.

At least Deathloop is next week and continues to look good. I was really hoping for some surprises and a rumoured from soft exclusive.

Did you not see the Elden Ring trailer played just before the event took place? I was watching the IGN stream on YouTube and there was an extended look at it - looked really good.

Soldato
Still only got resident evil and AC for the ps5, i want ratchet and clank, returnal and death loop when that comes out but im refusing to pay the high prices so waiting for them to be discounted

Literally not turned the ps5 on for coming up 4 months

Why not trade AC or RE and purchase one if you are unhappy with the price? Tbh £70 RRP is the reality of gaming on PS5 it seems so be prepared to wait extended time frames if you are unwilling to pay or trade.

Both of the games you have are on Xbox, would you not prefer an Xbox and Game Pass? Bypass the 70 quid a pop games and have at least something to pay?

Soldato
All opinions mate, personally I felt they did. I'm excited for games coming out over 2022/2023 :)

Your username has reminded me how much I'd like another Deus Ex. They go good, bad, good, bad so we are due a good one now :p
There is a couple good games coming let's not get it twisted.. but 2023 is 3 years after console release with very little games AAA released.

Soldato
There is a couple good games coming let's not get it twisted.. but 2023 is 3 years after console release with very little games AAA released.

That's speculative, GOW looked fairly along when it comes to progress, I'd expect that and Horizon to be 2022 and that's 2 massive exclusives with potentially Gran Turismo as well. Naughty Dogg are working on games not shown as well apparently. SM2 we have no idea how far along but its safe to say Wolverine and KOTOR will likely be 2023. The PS3 and PS5 were the same more or less when it came to the best games on the system and its hardly a secret that both new systems wouldn't have an abundance of exclusive next gen content at launch.

Soldato
Honestly tempted to sell my ps5 and just buy again in 2023. So few exclusives coming out soon.

You get more than you paid for it right now, not a bad idea. lol

I got the PS5 on release and the only PS5 game I have bought in the past 10 months since then is Sack Boy! I would have got Spidey but played it on the PS4. I know this is all down to personal choice and the type of games you're interested in, but what happened to the days where you could go down to Tesco every Friday and pickup a new game? The standard/quantity is truly terrible nowadays.

Lets be honest, to make an new AAA title costs a lot of money and time now compared to 15 or 20 years ago.

Plenty of indie titles we could pay more attention we can just instantly download. We never had that luxury during the PS2 and Dreamcast days.

Last edited:
Associate
I’ve got plenty of PS Plus games to play. I’m not buying a game twice, because it’s been tarted up.

I don’t mind a remaster if you’ve missed the original, but otherwise, no. Looking at you GTA5.

Soldato
GTA5 the game that never dies.

Can't believe it's still having time and money spent on it but people must be buying it and online must still be big.

I read it had its most successful year in 2020 so no wonder they are milking it. I never got into GTA5, once I finished the single player that was me. I'd love a GTA6 but I wonder if they see a new game as a risk and splitting their player base?

In this case I would have been happy with at least story DLC like the GTA 4 days but it must not fit in their business model.

Still not as bad as Valve and HL3.....:p

Soldato
Just watched the new GT7 trailer yesterday, gotta admit a ps5 was so far off my radar with 2 high end PCs and a Series X, but after watching that trailer, a PS5 is right back on my want list. That trailer and demo looks absolutely incredible. If they truly take GT7 right back to the earlier GT formula then I'm 100% in for console and GT7.

Soldato
GTA5 the game that never dies.

Can't believe it's still having time and money spent on it but people must be buying it and online must still be big.

Rockstar is still making a couple hundred million every year off of it from people buying micro transactions for the multiplayer - it's honestly the first game since WoW to really turn into a cash cow

Theyve made some much money off of GTA5 that they have recouped its development cost plus raised enough money to fund the next 3 games without having to raise debt - however I have no doubt all the money was paid out to shareholders instead of going into the next game

Soldato
Rockstar is still making a couple hundred million every year off of it from people buying micro transactions for the multiplayer - it's honestly the first game since WoW to really turn into a cash cow

Theyve made some much money off of GTA5 that they have recouped its development cost plus raised enough money to fund the next 3 games without having to raise debt - however I have no doubt all the money was paid out to shareholders instead of going into the next game
I was half expecting another remake of gtav:cry:.

Soldato
Deathloop coming and bagged ratchet and clank from members market, feels like my ps5 is getting ps5 games now!

Regarding GTAV it's just a running joke at this point, from a business point they have no incentive at all to make 6 until the money stops coming in which is showing no signs of slowing down.

I thought the single player part of 5 was great, couldn't care less about its multi player however Rockstar don't care about the minority of people like myself who still enjoy single player content

Caporegime
Lets be honest, to make an new AAA title costs a lot of money and time now compared to 15 or 20 years ago.

User bases are far bigger though and game development is a lot easier as today's consoles are a similar architecture to PC's which makes releasing cross-platform a doddle, it's not like the old days where developers had to learn custom hardware every generation (ie. PS3 Cell).

It's just greed.

Back
Top Bottom