Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2021, Monza - Race 14

Rate the 2021 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Seemed that way, although RB had Max's engine turned down. He was 8kph slower than Perez in the speed trap. It makes sense for them to take his engine penalty here as it's one of the easiest remaining tracks to overtake on, plus it leaves another 7 or 8 races to use the fresh engine power. He's almost guaranteed 3rd at least even starting off the back row.

Soldato
This is potentially a good track for Max to take an engine penalty.
It's not an easy track to overtake on. While on the surface it should be, the flatter rear wings means DRS is much less effective than on most tracks, so while slipstreams are important and close running are likely, you need to have a pretty big offset for overtaking.

Last year Bottas and Verstappen were stuck in traffic and it was only Hamilton making his way from the back who was able to overtake the lower tier cars and those on worse tyres.

Even back to the late 90s it wasn't a great place for overtaking. I remember in 1999 Coulthard in the McLaren which was a second a lap quicker than the opposition here, was stuck in 6th behind the likes of a Frentzen, Zanardi, Ralf Schumacher and Salo while his teammate sped off into a big lead (before spinning off - the crying in the bushes episode).

Sochi seems more suitable track to take the penalty.

Soldato
Silly buggers on track and in the pit lane. At some point the FIA are going to say is enough.

I'm wondering if the rules might change and have them go out one by one like that old qualifying that was abandoned in the past.

Minimum łap time within 10-12 seconds on the current p1 time. Cars released 15 seconds apart min in reverse order of the times set in the last session.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
and more miserable results for Tsunoda and Pērez.

Red Bull and their sister team have some real issues going on for the short-med term with both of those two drivers as they have been pretty poor in most of the races so far,
they are both locked in for 2022 and i don't see either of them getting much better

Associate
yes, Bottas starts the sprint race tomorrow from P1, but then starts at the back of the race on Sunday
Thanks :). I had no idea how the sprint fits under the various rules so had no idea if there was some sort of penatly also for the sprint, as you do get awarded points for the sprint.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Silly buggers on track and in the pit lane. At some point the FIA are going to say is enough.

I'm wondering if the rules might change and have them go out one by one like that old qualifying that was abandoned in the past.
With Masi in charge? Expect nothing to be done.

The shenanigans in the pit lane warranted at least 3 unsafe releases that I counted :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom