Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2021, Monza - Race 14

Rate the 2021 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Looks like Mercedes have the edge over Red Bull here.
Max was closer than I expected after practice and the first two quali sessions.

Let’s see what happens tomorrow… it would be great for the championship for Hamilton to get a win (and getting his 100th in front of the Tifosi would be funny) but its going to be a dull race if the Max can’t keep Lewis on his toes.

Man of Honour
Max was closer than I expected after practice and the first two quali sessions.

Let’s see what happens tomorrow… it would be great for the championship for Hamilton to get a win (and getting his 100th in front of the Tifosi would be funny) but its going to be a dull race if the Max can’t keep Lewis on his toes.

Verstappen did get a very good tow from Perez. Apparently cost Perez half a second to do that.

Soldato
Verstappen did get a very good tow from Perez. Apparently cost Perez half a second to do that.
All of the front runners got tows in the first runs (I forget who was at the front of the line) and Hamilton got a good tow from Bottas on the second run. I don't think Bottas had any tow to speak of on that second run and he improved considerably. Fresh engine, yes, but you get less of a performance drop off with the little 1.6L ICEs than the old NA engines did. Not a bad response to being dropped.

Got to wonder whether having Bottas up there is a good thing for Hamilton and Mercedes though. Assuming no shenanigans and even starts then all it's doing is giving Verstappen a tow - there's probably not enough space to make use of it with the narrower run down to turn one - it would have been easier with the pre-2000 chicane.

Last edited:
Soldato
What are the rules about changes and repairs between Quali and Sprint Quali? Does he start from his qualifying position in the qualifying or does he lose his qualifying position for the qualifying because he crashed in the practice for the qualifying between the qualifyings?

If I'm right in thinking Bottas did his engine part change before quali but keeps his sprint quali pole start before starting at the back tomorrow, I presume the same applies to Sainz.

Caporegime
If I'm right in thinking Bottas did his engine part change before quali but keeps his sprint quali pole start before starting at the back tomorrow, I presume the same applies to Sainz.

Aren't there some kind of reduced parc fermé rules (parc éponge?) after quali? It wasn't the engine change I was thinking of, it was the breaking of these rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom