Best VPN

Man of Honour
All I can say is thanks.
I've had two cheap lifetime VPNs, one cost £13 and the other cost £11 and they have worked.
What I didn't really think about was the speed I was losing but again it didn't matter that much until the other day.
I then did a bit of homework and decided on Cyberghost for 39 months for £77 and £26 Quidco cashback.
I've got it on Wireguard and my download is 268 meg down from 350 meg which for me is awesome.

Associate
I have been watching Raiplay in th eUK using NordVPN. This week it stopped. Has anybody else seen the same issue using a diffrent VPN Please try Rai 1 - La diretta in streaming video su RaiPlay and let me know ( it plays an advert first then says no streaming outside of UK)

I got Alfredo??? Really

Associate
I know that firewalls and anti-spyware software can affect the VPN. Antivirus software can also have VPN restrictions set by default. Usually, firewalls are not a problem. However, some older versions don't work correctly with a VPN connection. To find out if this is your case, temporarily disable the firewall and try to connect to the VPN server again.

Soldato
I got PIA with a cashback that was ridiculous that made it about £5 quid for 3 years. I hammer it constantly with downloads and not once has it slowed my downloads down. I pay extra for the fixed IP address and server and still a bargain.

Soldato
Is it not exceptions under smart rules. They do not seem to have a catch all but allows an address to be added. Possibly add a whole address range? The FAQ on that site would put me off buying it from the get go.

Edit: Found a few reviews of it that mention the software lacking an option to bypass vpn for all local traffic. Looks like you need to add addresses to that exception for each ip etc. Sounds fun.

Soldato
ah, depends what you need as the android app does split tunnel so you can bypass the vpn on an app by app basis. Eg browser etc but cant bypass specific addresses like the windows version. You can however also choose to bypass the vpn eg if on your home network wifi and have it still auto connect on 4g and unsecured unknown wifi.

Man of Honour
ah, depends what you need as the android app does split tunnel so you can bypass the vpn on an app by app basis. Eg browser etc but cant bypass specific addresses like the windows version. You can however also choose to bypass the vpn eg if on your home network wifi and have it still auto connect on 4g and unsecured unknown wifi.

I want to bypass so I can get to my NAS, if my Firestick has the VPN turned on I can't access my NAS.

Soldato
I'm assuming your firestick is on the same network. So your choices based on what the app offers from what I'm seeing is either bypass the vpn on the firstick completely as it's on the same network. That makes it pointless having the vpn on the firestick. Or the second choice is split tunnel and bypass on an app basis. So say your using plex app or kodi app on firstick you can have the app use the split tunnel feature and bypass the vpn in those apps. So this should allow you to access your nas and leave the vpn on for all other purposes on the firestick. Seems a very limited app to be honest. might be work a look at a few other vpn and see if they meet your needs.

Man of Honour
I'm assuming your firestick is on the same network. So your choices based on what the app offers from what I'm seeing is either bypass the vpn on the firstick completely as it's on the same network. That makes it pointless having the vpn on the firestick. Or the second choice is split tunnel and bypass on an app basis. So say your using plex app or kodi app on firstick you can have the app use the split tunnel feature and bypass the vpn in those apps. So this should allow you to access your nas and leave the vpn on for all other purposes on the firestick. Seems a very limited app to be honest. might be work a look at a few other vpn and see if they meet your needs.

I need the VPN on for an APP on the Firestick and from that APP I can record.
I can record to a USB stick but I can't record to my NAS.
It isn't a huge problem but would be nice if I could do it.

Soldato
Yeh I get you. Definitely need a local address bypass. Depends how far down the rabbit hole you want to go. You could always make your NAS a VPN and route all the firestick traffic through it as a client this should solve most of your issues depending on your nas model

Associate
If you have a Asus router with Merlin firmware as VPN client you can specify which devices connect to the VPN and also what IP ranges use the VPN so if you knew the IP range for Netflix for example, you could whitelist it.

Back
Top Bottom