Afghanistan - 20 years on

Soldato
India funds terror in Pakistan by supporting TTP and BLA, 70,000 Pakistanis killed post 9/11 due to terrorism.

Now go count the Indian casualties.

And Kashmir has been in a strangle hold since last year due to fascist Modi. Yeah but according to brainwashed people like you who can't think for themselves the Pakistanis are the bad guy's.

Most Kashmiris are Muslim not Hindu.

Muslims are killed in India for selling cattle, great bastion of human rights that country is.

Show me the evidence for those figures for 70,000 killed by Indian proxy's unless you mean a figure quoted for deaths brought about by the Afghan Taliban/Pakistani Taliban .

Never said India was amazing but Pakistan is one screw lose from becoming a Muslim martyr state.

Happy to be proved wrong.

Man of Honour

I just have to facepalm at some of the comments from Western governments, etc. I dunno if they feel they have to say stuff like that or the penny just hasn't dropped yet that the Taliban neither need them and are laughing at them.

The tragedy is there are a lot in Afghanistan now who don't want the Taliban either but we've just hung them out to dry and largely washed our hands of the situation while they have little say in the matter - doesn't sit well with me seeing some of the comments from people sitting comfortably far away from it who are just glad it is over and done with from their perspective.

Caporegime
The tragedy is there are a lot in Afghanistan now who don't want the Taliban either but we've just hung them out to dry and largely washed our hands of the situation while they have little say in the matter - doesn't sit well with me seeing some of the comments from people sitting comfortably far away from it who are just glad it is over and done with from their perspective.

This is the sad reality. A lot of them have lived 20 years of their life under Western rule basically. I even had a lad who came over and worked at my old place from the early 2000's. He worked hard and sent money home for his wife. He eventually returned about 5 years ago. God knows what has happened to him now. He just wanted a better life for his family.

Caporegime
bit like our government, the well off and our own poor then

Soldato
I just have to facepalm at some of the comments from Western governments, etc. I dunno if they feel they have to say stuff like that or the penny just hasn't dropped yet that the Taliban neither need them and are laughing at them.

I wonder how many people are going to start frothing when those impacted people start trying to come here by any means necessary. Not just those who we said we’d help out but haven’t.

Caporegime
I wonder how many people are going to start frothing when those impacted people start trying to come here by any means necessary. Not just those who we said we’d help out but haven’t.

Well they better not froth too much because Iran has hosted millions of Afghani refugees for decades without much complaint or help from the rest of the world.

Caporegime
Well they better not froth too much because Iran has hosted millions of Afghani refugees for decades without much complaint or help from the rest of the world.
https://iranintl.com/en/iran-in-brief/iran-orders-its-forces-prevent-afghans-crossing-border
Iran’s interior ministry has ordered border guards on Wednesday to turn away refugees trying to cross the border from Afghanistan, after the Taliban victory led many Afghans to try to leave the country.
Hossein Ghassemi, the general director of the interior ministry’s border affairs told local media that all along Iran’s eastern border with Afghanistan, involving three provinces, border guards have been ordered to prevent possible entry by refugees.
Over the past four decades up to three million Afghans have fled war and poverty and chose residence in Iran, where they have become an integral part of the economy, but few have been able to gain citizenship.
seems 3 million is enough, it's their direct neighbour though.

we've been looking at the Scots, Welsh and northern irish for a long time too :p maybe now it's time to close the scottish border :D

We should make a deal with Iran and only take refugees that have lived there for over a year, then iran can take in some more.

I bet the ones who lived in Iran are hard working and don't just want an easy life.

better yet just pay Iran instead of having them live in the UK, we could no doubt house and feed a hell of a lot more for the same money we are spending in our own country.

count it as part of the foreign aid budget instead of giving to china and india.

Soldato
Hey remember that last drone strike near the airport that everyone's now forgotten about a few weeks later because the news has moved on? The one which a suicide bomber in a car was targetted and the US Military said that the proof was the large secondary explosions after the strike? That strike?

Well it turns out the US Military just lied in a cover-up after making a mistake.

When journalists do actual investigative journalism I'm behind them 100% and in this case the New York Times decided to actually do some investigative journalism and ewhat they found was that the whole chain of events, as told by the US Military, rather than being a suicide bomber, is simply an aid worker driving around doing his job trying to help people.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/10/world/asia/us-air-strike-drone-kabul-afghanistan-isis.html

I understand that mistakes can be made in high pressure situations but when General Milley, the highest ranked Military Officer in the US, said “Because there were secondary explosions, there is a reasonable conclusion to be made that there is explosives in that vehicle,” and that turns out to be a lie, that means that someone in the kill chain has done so deliberately in an attempt to cover-up their mistake because, to quote the Times -

.....an examination of the scene of the strike, conducted by the Times visual investigations team and a Times reporter the morning afterward, and followed up with a second visit four days later, found no evidence of a second, more powerful explosion.

Experts who examined photos and videos pointed out that, although there was clear evidence of a missile strike and subsequent vehicle fire, there were no collapsed or blown-out walls, no destroyed vegetation, and only one dent in the entrance gate, indicating a single shock wave.

Looking at the images myself it's extremely clear there's been no secondary "larger" explosion/explosion's, just the usual sort of damage caused by a single Hellfire to a pick-up (seen it a few times).

Now if this was a Hollywood movie there'd be a massive investigation, Tom Cruise would get some Officer to shout "You can't handle the truth" etc and the someone would end up in jail for this cover-up but sadly, back in the real world, absolutely nothing will be done to the person who, rather than admit a mistake has been made, has lied to their command instead.

Soldato
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-58520146

The UN has condemned the Taliban for what its "increasingly violent response" to dissent, weeks after the group's rapid takeover of Afghanistan.

Taliban fighters killed four people during recent protests, the UN said.

Demonstrations have taken place across Afghanistan since the fall of Kabul on 15 August, demanding respect for women's rights and greater freedoms.

Taliban fighters have used batons, whips, and live ammunition against protesters, the UN said in its report.

"We call on the Taliban to immediately cease the use of force towards, and the arbitrary detention of, those exercising their right to peaceful assembly and the journalists covering the protests," a spokeswoman for the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights said in a press statement.

It's okay the UN has condemned the Taliban I'm sure they will start changing their ways and all these things they're doing are just part of their learning curve of running a country and definitely not inherent behaviour, Joe & Boris will kindly remind them again to behave and everything will be fine :)

Soldato
Hey remember that last drone strike near the airport that everyone's now forgotten about a few weeks later because the news has moved on? The one which a suicide bomber in a car was targetted and the US Military said that the proof was the large secondary explosions after the strike? That strike?

Well it turns out the US Military just lied in a cover-up after making a mistake.

When journalists do actual investigative journalism I'm behind them 100% and in this case the New York Times decided to actually do some investigative journalism and ewhat they found was that the whole chain of events, as told by the US Military, rather than being a suicide bomber, is simply an aid worker driving around doing his job trying to help people.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/10/world/asia/us-air-strike-drone-kabul-afghanistan-isis.html

I understand that mistakes can be made in high pressure situations but when General Milley, the highest ranked Military Officer in the US, said “Because there were secondary explosions, there is a reasonable conclusion to be made that there is explosives in that vehicle,” and that turns out to be a lie, that means that someone in the kill chain has done so deliberately in an attempt to cover-up their mistake because, to quote the Times -

Looking at the images myself it's extremely clear there's been no secondary "larger" explosion/explosion's, just the usual sort of damage caused by a single Hellfire to a pick-up (seen it a few times).

Now if this was a Hollywood movie there'd be a massive investigation, Tom Cruise would get some Officer to shout "You can't handle the truth" etc and the someone would end up in jail for this cover-up but sadly, back in the real world, absolutely nothing will be done to the person who, rather than admit a mistake has been made, has lied to their command instead.

He was probably told to lie by the White House though to avoid yet more bad PR around the Afghan exit

Caporegime

Yup

It's not a news event because it too common.

Given American s justice system for the average citizen someone should be facing 25 to life as a slave about now but nope

Man of Honour
It's okay the UN has condemned the Taliban I'm sure they will start changing their ways and all these things they're doing are just part of their learning curve of running a country and definitely not inherent behaviour, Joe & Boris will kindly remind them again to behave and everything will be fine

Oh they've changed alright - more savvy, more devious, still the same old underneath.

Caporegime
He was probably told to lie by the White House though to avoid yet more bad PR around the Afghan exit

Could also be that the Pentagon is simply dysfunctional after decades of bloated budgets and not wanting to give weight to arguments about curtailing that.

However, going by the twenty year stretch of lies about this war it would be strange if the lies stopped being spun merely because it was 'over'.

Last edited:
Soldato
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-58520146

It's okay the UN has condemned the Taliban I'm sure they will start changing their ways and all these things they're doing are just part of their learning curve of running a country and definitely not inherent behaviour, Joe & Boris will kindly remind them again to behave and everything will be fine :)
Whenever the UN pipes up I'm always reminded of Dave Chappelles Black Bush skit :cry:

Back
Top Bottom