• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

(Rumour) Intel Arc 2022 GPUs priced between $149 and $499 (competes with 6700xt and rtx3070)

Soldato
That according to this leaked Intel slide which shows Intel will be launching desktop Arc GPUs in the $149 price bracket all the way up to the $499 price bracket.

The slide appears to show at least 3 GPUs

A 75w entry level GPU to compete with the gtx1650 priced between $149 and $199

A 175w mid range gpu to compete with the 5600xt/rtx3060 priced between $299 and $399

A 225w mid to high range gpu to compete with the 6700xt/rtx3070 priced between $399 and $499

https://videocardz.com/newz/leaked-...te-with-geforce-rtx-3070-and-radeon-rx-6700xt

Last edited:
Soldato
If true, It was always the low-mid range GPU 'Bread & Butter' market they were going to target with their first 'proper' discrete GPU.

Soldato
OP
It's not yet clear if Intel gpus will use Aib 's or not. If not and everything is Intel branded in house then you may well have gpus actually sold at msrp

Caporegime
If that's street pricing though that's not too bad

Yeah, 6700XT is currently £699.

£450 is ok but that's the same RRP as the 6700XT and if AMD or Nvidia suddenly put half a million of these GPU's on the market what you will get is an Intel GPU at the same price.

The RRP on Intel's GPU is too high, they are hoping RTX 3070 / 6700XT shortages will continue.

Caporegime
Intel are going to need something compelling to shift GPUs, price/performance/efficiency aren't it it would seem.

Given the state of Intel's iGPU drivers over I wouldn't want one over a similar AMD/Nvidia card.

Caporegime
Intel are going to need something compelling to shift GPUs, price/performance/efficiency aren't it it would seem.

Given the state of Intel's iGPU drivers over I wouldn't want one over a similar AMD/Nvidia card.

Right, Linus tested the mobile version of it and the first game he tested, Doom Eternal, ran like a bathtub full of rusty nails.

Soldato
It's not yet clear if Intel gpus will use Aib 's or not. If not and everything is Intel branded in house then you may well have gpus actually sold at msrp
Asus and Colorful both made custom DG-1 cards, so I'd say it's pretty much certain that AIBs will be involved. Intel don't even have an online store, so I wouldn't expect them to be selling any directly. Whether there's a reference card or not, it'll end up being sold via retailers just like the RDNA2 MBA cards were, and will likely be scalped the same as those were. They could potentially partner up with retailers to offer a Founders Edition-like programme, but I wouldn't count on it. They're also using TSMC the same as everybody else, so their supply isn't going to be any better. If they had used their own fabs, it may have been interesting.

Personally, I can't see any reason why anybody would buy one of these if the price and performance are going to be almost the same as AMD and Nvidia options. Intel's drivers have historically been godawful for gaming. I was hoping that their tactic for entering the market would be disruptive pricing, but it seems not.

Soldato
AMD/Nvidia have become a cartel aided and abetted by a ton of mining/gaming whales who justify the pricing on social media. Hence their real market,seem to be £400+ at least in the UK.

So it will be hilarious if Intel ends up winning significant share,just by actual having sub £400 products in the market. The worst thing is Intel could literally have a £200 GTX1660/GTX1650 Super competitor and they would sell all the stock they could make!

Intel-DG2-Lineup.jpg

Soldato
Looks pretty great to me if true, basically what I'd hoped for. I'd guess in the UK we would be paying £450 or more for DG2, because of VAT.

Remembering the RRP of the RTX 2080 TI FE, it looks quite compelling.

Can they actually enforce prices like that though? Also, why would they bother to push prices down?

I think that gives me some hope, is that the Ethereum mining obsession should be over by the time Intel launches this series, which I think is probably deliberate.

Hopefully, there will be a card to compete with the RX 6600 XT also, for those with 1080p monitors.

Last edited:
Associate
So the top one is.....3070 pricing.
Yep.
If you want that headline performance, you could buy for the same price:
  1. Choose green and get a 3070.
  2. Choose red and get a 6700XT.
  3. Choose blue and get a DG2.
Think I've just realised what the three of them are up to. It's so obvious once your rearrange the colours:
Red, Green, Blue.
They are trying to corner the RGB market!

Soldato
I think the original 1650 was cheaper than Intel's next gen competitor.

Surely these are realistic prices based solely on the current temporary inflation caused by the shortage as opposed to a new permanent normal?

Soldato
So it will be hilarious if Intel ends up winning significant share,just by actual having sub £400 products in the market.
It depends if Intel decide to base their prices of the RRP of competitors cards or the price they're actually selling at.

If they target RRPs of competitors cards then it's going to be a good day for gamers as Intel cards will have a price/performance advantage over Nvidia/AMD and gamers will actually be able to get them.

If they target the retail prices then it will be less good for gamers but at least they should be easier to obtain than their red/green counterparts.

Back
Top Bottom