Permabanned
Zverev simply hasn't got the qualities to really compete with the greatest.
It's more that Nole drops his level to match Zverev, than Zverev ups his game to reach Nole's highs.

21st Grand Slam is closer than ever.

And more to follow...

Permabanned
Oooh, did Djokovic just say his next match might be the last match of his career?

No.

Intriguing.

Scary.

We must listen better. If we are sleepy, better go to bed :D

“There is only one match left. All in. Let’s do it,” Djokovic said, when asked about his pursuit of the calendar Grand Slam.

“I will put my heart, my soul, my body, my head into winning it.”

“I’m going to treat the next match like it is the last match of my career.”
Novak Djokovic vs Alexander Zverev result, score: US Open semi-final, tennis news 2021 | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

Soldato
Won't be watching, don't understand the hype. Not even British.

So what exactly does an 18 year old who has lived here for 16 years have to do to qualify? I would hate to jump to the wrong conclusions about your issue being her mixed race parentage. Perhaps you can spell it out so we don't think the worst.

Surely you don't have to be born here to count as British? BoJo was born in New York but I bet you'd happily set up home inside his anus if he let you.

Caporegime
So what exactly does an 18 year old who has lived here for 16 years have to do to qualify? I would hate to jump to the wrong conclusions about your issue being her mixed race parentage. Perhaps you can spell it out so we don't think the worst.

Surely you don't have to be born here to count as British? BoJo was born in New York but I bet you'd happily set up home inside his anus if he let you.
I wonder how many sports people he thinks are great that weren’t born here?

Emma Raducanu, Bradley Wiggins, Mo Farah, Ben Stokes, Chris Froome, John Barnes, Kevin Pieterson, Terry Butcher, Justin Rose, Raheem Sterling, Andrew Strauss, Joe Bugner, Mike Catt..

Just a reminder that none of these icons of English sport were born in the UK.

Permabanned
I wonder how many sports people he thinks are great that weren’t born here?

Emma Raducanu, Bradley Wiggins, Mo Farah, Ben Stokes, Chris Froome, John Barnes, Kevin Pieterson, Terry Butcher, Justin Rose, Raheem Sterling, Andrew Strauss, Joe Bugner, Mike Catt..

Just a reminder that none of these icons of English sport were born in the UK.

and there are far more than that! :)

Soldato
One of England’s best players in the Euros and got them to a final…not born here. There’s countless examples…it’s called immigration…it happens a lot.

Soldato
Looking forward to watching this tonight. I'm glad Channel 4 struck a deal with Amazon. In the Wimbledon thread I suggested she was another British also-ran but I'm really rooting for her to win this. And regardless, she's already done really well. Apparently already worth about £2 million. Even if she loses tonight, her ranking goes from a hundred and something to about 32nd in the world and if she wins, it'll go into the 20s.

Soldato
Looking forward to watching this tonight. I'm glad Channel 4 struck a deal with Amazon. In the Wimbledon thread I suggested she was another British also-ran but I'm really rooting for her to win this. And regardless, she's already done really well. Apparently already worth about £2 million. Even if she loses tonight, her ranking goes from a hundred and something to about 32nd in the world and if she wins, it'll go into the 20s.

If she loses tonight will she be back to being just another British also-ran in your view?

Back
Top Bottom