Trouble installing Windows 10 from boot drive USB on new PC

Associate
I recieved a new PC from Overclockers yesterday and I have been attempting to install Windows 10 from a USB boot drive but to no avail. There are no prompts to begin installation on startup and no display, and as far as I can tell pressing ESC, DEL, F2, F4, or F10 does not work to bring up the BIOS.

Any advice on getting it working would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Associate
OP
I've tried the HDMI and DVI connections. They work fine with my laptop but when attached to the new PC the television doesn't recognise anything as being plugged in.

Soldato
What exactly happens when you power the computer? Do any lights come on, do any fans spin? If nothing at all, make sure you've turned on the PSU using the small switch at the back of the PC, near where the power cord is plugged in.

Next check the graphic card. Maybe it's become dislodged during transit, so remove it from the slot, then reinsert it. Also check the power cable is plugged into the graphic card, if applicable.

It could be the CPU if it uses an LGA socket, so perhaps remove the heatsink and carefully reseat the CPU in the socket. When putting the heatsink back on, try your best to make sure that the pressure is spread evenly across the CPU.

Associate
OP
While checking the graphics card I noticed a second HDMI slot I had not previously seen, I was mistakenly plugging it into the motherboard. Thank you both very much for your help.

Back
Top Bottom