*** Show us your bikes! ***

Soldato
Glencoe run yesterday in roasting weather through stunning scenery.

edited.jpg

Soldato
Collected the bike today. Ordered some knobbly tyres and will be taking her off roading next weekend if they arrive in time. If I drop it its going to be a mega workout trying to pick it up again :cry:

IMG-4156.jpg
What tyres are you going for? The new dunlops are getting good write ups, great for almost everything - just not mud. The continental tk80? always get a good write up but not amazing mileage. I got motoz rallz which are amazing off road but not fantastic on tarmac. I think I’ll try the conti’s next as I don’t do that many miles so I’d probably only do a set a year anyway.

My 790 had the karoo’s on as standard and they were good when warm and in the dry but they were not great at all when cool, I had numerous loose moments at the rear (both kinds!) and I wasn’t going fast. I wouldn’t use them again if they were given to me for free.

Soldato
Putting a Pirelli Mt21 Rallycross on the front. Ended up going with a Metzeler Karoo 3 on the rear. Really wanted a Mitas E09 but couldn't find a non Dakar one anywhere. That is why I ended up going with the Metzler. The other choice was a Michelin Anakee Wild but it was £20 more.

Soldato
Putting a Pirelli Mt21 Rallycross on the front. Ended up going with a Metzeler Karoo 3 on the rear. Really wanted a Mitas E09 but couldn't find a non Dakar one anywhere. That is why I ended up going with the Metzler. The other choice was a Michelin Anakee Wild but it was £20 more.
You might find a 1290 warms them up quicker and they’re fine, the rear was sketchy for me on a 790 when it was cold out.

Caporegime
Ooooooh, I do love a Thunderace. Parts bin special at its absolute finest :D

A gearbox from a YZF 750 slots right in too, if you want a 6th gear ;)

Rare to see one with a standard can too!

Associate
Love the Thunderace. Classic :cool:

I have a hankering to buy a 1990 GSXR 1100L - I owned a Gixxer 750L many years ago and never got around to trading up to its bigger brother. :D

If you find a nice one, be prepared for scene tax...

Exup1000/Ace were always better bikes in my view, they just don't carry the same general nostalgia for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom