What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
Got rid of the slightly dubious blue strap, still not quite sure which strap colour works best.

strat.jpg

Soldato
With a face like that, I think you need to own it - light blue/white croc/turquoise/whatever that blue colour is that is in vogue at the moment (Farrow and Ball Pitch Blue)

Soldato
Got rid of the slightly dubious blue strap, still not quite sure which strap colour works best.
Dark Navy Blue, Black, Dark Brown (I'd say slightly darker brown than what you have personally), dark Orange/Yellow should also work if you take notice of colour theory.

Taupe/Pale Grey sort of shades (thinking suede strap) might also work but you'd need to get the right shade for it imo.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Can’t believe how well it keeps time, too. Obviously it won’t be as accurate as my Oceanus, but it’s definitely good !

Not really a surprise though surely since it's COSC. But even if it wasn't many many brands both large and small regulate and adjust in-house to a minimum of 3 positions (5 average) far beyond movement maker specs so you end up with 0 to +4s a day which exceeds COSC anyway. Reliable timekeeping in any mech movement these days is a non surprise really. I would be more surprised if a movement was not well regulated on a watch costing £300+

Soldato
Now that's a cool looking watch. Nice one:)
Thank you, can’t wait to get it ! I know it’s just a Casio, but I love a good vintage throwback.

I ummed and ahhd about that when I got the announcement email couple months back. Still undecided!

for the price, it’d be rude not to ! :p I picked the darker anthracite version up for £57. Which isn’t too bad !

Man of Honour
SyPl8SP.jpg

Had a pretty rough week at work so decided I needed a bit of retail therapy. Not the watch I intended to buy, was set on a similar model with a blue dial, but in person I much preferred this. Automatic too which is a bonus

Associate
Hi Guys,

In case anyone was to hesitate like me when it comes to getting a tourbillion watch "made in China" I wanted to share my experience with one I got from Aision. It's a micro brand based in Hong Kong and I got it for £559 via their Kickstarter campaign back in February 2021.
I have to say it was a bit of a gamble as you never know how the final product will look/feel like but I am pleased to report that in this case it paid out!

First, and to clarify, while I am lucky to have a nice collection of watches (Cartier, Panerai, Grand Seiko, Oris, etc.) there is no way I could afford a tourbillon watch from one of the Swiss big houses (one day maybe).

So, full details/specs of the AN-T01 below:

And so regarding the movement itself and despite my efforts to get more information about it all I could find was that it was a recent/modern model made by Hangzhou. It is therefore not the same tourbillon as the one you find in the most common Chinese tourbillion watches (SeaGull and others).

Full specs of the movement are below, and on paper it all checks out.

While I have been worried from the start about what exactly I was going to get and now that I have received the watch (just a few days ago) I am happy to report that the result exceeded my expectations :)

The box and its content (the watch was originally full wrapped in plastic film)

And so the AN-T01 itself and its tourbillon.

Apart from the esthetic consideration (its something personal) I have to say they did a great job with the watch.

- The quality and level of finish have nothing to envy from a watch from Hamilton or Seiko in this range of price for example.
- The bracelet looks nice and is comfortable, the butterfly deployant clasp being a real plus in my opinion
- The tourbillon is mesmerizing to see in action. It certainly is not the most beautifuly decorated out there but again we're talking about a £559 watch here.
- The dial and its hexagonal pattern is very well done and captures the light in different ways, giving a nice depth to the whole dial. Very well done and pleasing to the eye.

As for the downsides I would mention:

- Despite the provided tool removing one of the bracelet link was a nightmare (have to admit it was my first trime trying to do it myself, probably didn't help lol )
- The bracelet is a bit noisy, while moving your wrist around you can hear the "cling-cling" sound from the links

The final point to highlight and which unfortunately I think will always be in the back of my mind is the reliability of the movement. While the watch has a 1 year warranty I can't help to have this "made in China" apprehension and worry about the day I might have a nasty surpise, which would mean having to send it back to Hong Kong :(

Anyway, overall I am very pleased with my purchase and very happy to now have a tourbillon watch in my collection :D

When it comes to Aision they seem to be a serious and honest young brand, willing to to do the right thing to offer nice products to their customers.

Soldato
That's a nice watch. You seem to be getting a hell of a lot for your money ie stainless steel, sapphire glass, smart decorative face. I'm quite taken with the strap more than anything else!

Soldato
I'm not loving that tourbillon. The design is a mix of AP and Parmigiani but overall it just looks poorly executed and finished. Whilst I see the appeal of wanting to own one, I'd rather put my money elsewhere. If you sold your Cartier, Panerai etc. you could afford a Swiss tourbillon from the likes of Angelus.

Back
Top Bottom