• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6600XT and 6700XT price changes

Soldato
OP
Because they could pocket all/ most the profit for themselves, which is what motivates companies more than anything, because they can pay staff higher wages, and have large annual bonuses for senior staff too... And they can use some of the profit for R&D and expansion.

Soldato
OP
They can sell everything they have anyway without the problems of end users, customer service has repeat costs attached. Put that on someone else its a win win

You have a point, but it sounds like something that could be addressed if companies like Samsung and TSMC expanded their production output in the future, for more advanced fabrication processes.

Another thing that occurs to me, is that Nvidia and AMD could simply heavily limit the warranty on graphics cards, say to 3-6 months. I'm not sure if this would be legally possible in all countries though.

Soldato
OP
I saw a PowerColor RX 6600 XT listed by an international website for £368, but with none in stock. So, I'd guess this is what the prices could fall to, if GPU and VRAM production improves.

Also, Gigabyte RTX 3060 and 3060 TIs for £305 and £370, but with no supply.

I also saw a RTX 3060 TI listed for £9,999 on one UK website, presumably they think no one would be crazy enough to buy it, or they are using an algorithm that automatically puts prices up, if stock is very low.

Last edited:
Associate
I saw a PowerColor RX 6600 XT listed by an international website for £368, but with none in stock. So, I'd guess this is what the prices could fall to, if GPU and VRAM production improves.

Also, Gigabyte RTX 3060 and 3060 TIs for £305 and £370, but with no supply.

I also saw a RTX 3060 TI listed for £9,999 on one UK website, presumably they think no one would be crazy enough to buy it, or they are using an algorithm that automatically puts prices up, if stock is very low.

Mining is the main issue.
dont expect any msrp prices until that drops off
last time prices did double, now they added even more

Back
Top Bottom