Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Soldato
Playing real time with pause, although I haven't really fought anything yet (Still in the shield maze). I did try turn based but didn't really know what I was doing. If it gets to the point where I need to switch then I will give it another try.

Soldato
Yeah it's impressive how you can switch between real time and turn based so fluidly, no restrictions.

My characters were getting one / two shot most of the time in the shield maze, turn based just allows so much more to happen.

I really think they should make more of a deal of being able to switch between the two modes.

From what I recall in pathfinder 1 I did end up playing most of the game real time on normal difficulty, I had an alchemist so I was spamming bombs like no tomorrow which made a lot of fights much easier. Core difficulty in the second game is forcing me to play turn based.

edit: not sure if this is a bug but have people noticed cheese and honey are listed in your "other" inventory tab? I haven't made any food yet but it seemed odd to me.

I used realtime to cheese the water elemental in the shield maze by running around a table, it just couldn't keep up lol. Seems there's a few things you can kite, that particular encounter seemed to be designed to be exploited in this way.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My characters were getting one / two shot most of the time in the shield maze, turn based just allows so much more to happen.

Thats how I feel about these games, I find turn based is simply FAR more tactical and strategic than RTWP. The irony is that when I watch people play RTWP, they pause so much that I sit and think whats the point, if you are going to pause that often you might as well play turn based anyway.

Soldato
Hmm I entered the festival area and had a fight. During round 3 of turn based combat I was left in a state where I couldn't perform anymore actions and the enemy ai didn't either. Switched to realtime and the game started working again.... My party just ripped through everything almost one shotting it. Sigh... maybe I'll switch between the modes more often.

Permabanned
Jeez, clearing an area, smashing everything, click an athletics icon, huge level 15 construct appears and mullers me. :cry:

The crusade aspect/battles are really sub standard, installed a mod to just auto win those so can just play the game. :)

Man of Honour
The mod just auto wins, nothing else. So you approach a demon army and just auto get the win screen. I tried a few of the battles but felt weak to me.

Does it autowin no matter what you army is? So you could go up to a lvl 9 enemy army with just 1 spearman in your army and it autowins? Or does it just auto do the battle so you still need an army which is capable of winning and its just saving you having to do the fight yourself?

Back
Top Bottom