Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10th - 13th Sept 2021]

Soldato
Watched it again just to see how bad the tackle was and his leg was just dangling there all limp

Jesus, absolutely horrible and it’s a red due to the injury caused. All day, every day.
I don't get that argument at all I'm afraid. Should Riise have been sent off when he broke Alan Smith's leg with that free kick?

Caporegime
I don't get that argument at all I'm afraid. Should Riise have been sent off when he broke Alan Smith's leg with that free kick?

That is quite possibly the worst/dumbest comparison you could've made lol. (And not really effective if that is what you're going for as this wasn't a clear case of being 'freak')
There have been legitimate freak leg breaks in a tackle when someone shouldn't see a red card

Soldato
That is quite possibly the worst/dumbest comparison you could've made lol. (And not really effective if that is what you're going for as this wasn't a clear case of being 'freak')
There have been legitimate freak leg breaks in a tackle when someone shouldn't see a red card
Not at all. My point is simply that you can't decide whether something is a foul / yellow / red card on the basis of the damage caused. It has to be based on the action.

I've already said I'm not watching it back and I don't know if this was a red card or not, but you can't say it was simply because of the outcome.

His premise was "it's a broken leg therefore a red card". The Riise one makes that clearly absurd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

Man of Honour
Mane still has the pace and movement but his finishing seems to have completely gone, its like he is Mane above the shins and El Hadji Diouf below the shins

Soldato
Not sure if it's long COVID or something but his blistering pace has completely gone. Expected him to burst away from the defender before we got the corner Fab scored from but he was treading water.
It could be covid possibly who knows, all this is showing me so far is I'm convinced we should have signed an attacking player even more so now Elliott is out.

Caporegime
Because nobody wants to see it FFS. Times have changed, we saw the reaction from Salah it was bad.

Watched it again just to see how bad the tackle was and his leg was just dangling there all limp

Jesus, absolutely horrible and it’s a red due to the injury caused. All day, every day.

Contradict much.

Back
Top Bottom