Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2021, Monza - Race 14

Rate the 2021 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Commissario
Another race that I enjoyed, the result was a good one for McLaren.

I think that without the halo, Lewis would have been seriously injured or even killed. That slow motion footage is absolutely incredible and shows what a great job it did.

I still think Max drives the same way I drive in racing games in that he goes for corners with no regard to the outcome. The big difference is that I do it with damage turned off.

Caporegime
I think its partly the teams fault, you have 2 thoroughly toxic bosses who pander to his attitude. I find Max a very unlikeable character. Whilst he is with RBR I dont think he will ever change.
Some parallels with Vettel I wonder? It took for him to leave RB for me to actually like him.

Soldato
I think its partly the teams fault, you have 2 thoroughly toxic bosses who pander to his attitude. I find Max a very unlikeable character. Whilst he is with RBR I dont think he will ever change.
Yeah Marko seems a piece of work, Horner doesn't seem very empathetic.

I think once the dust settles, all parties are going to see it in a different light (I hope anyway) .

Soldato
Some parallels with Vettel I wonder? It took for him to leave RB for me to actually like him.
Horner was annoying as .... at Silverstone (I understood at first given the severity of the crash, but he and they went on and on). Wolff has been no better this season though - so much for relishing a challenge. Helmut Marko can go and do one; a thoroughly dislikeable character.

Associate
About time Max has some sort of comeuppance

Toto made a valid point referencing Silverstone with this incident although he was far from flapping like Christian did
His silence is deafening also…..

Hope Lewis is OK.

Caporegime
That's not racing, that's just a lack of skill. Max smashes into people because he has no tactical thinking, and doesn't have the skill to do clean overtakes in difficult situations. F1 drivers have to trust each other that they are going to follow the same rules and try to avoid accidents that are avoidable, or else you just can't trust the drivers around you not to do something that will get someone killed. There are enough truly accidental racing incidents where people can really be hurt, without Max forcing crashes because he won't ever yield a position that isn't his in the first place or he's already lost. Sooner or later Max will really hurt someone, as he would have done today were it not for the halo.

The question here is, if you look at Senna, he was entirely uncompromising during his entire racing career.

Every race every overtake, every competitive moment, it was him or his opposition, I'm coming through get out the way or else.

Most got out of the way, occasionally they didn't and there was a crash.

Yet he is widely regarded as one of, if not, the, best driver ever.

Are we just saying once Max has a few championships under his belt, he will be regarded as amazing rather than dangerous?

Even though his driving style will undoubtably change little.

Soldato

This.

Max will never change while he’s at a team which will treat him as a messiah and defend the indefensible. No doubt his old man’s been the same throughout his life so it’s no wonder it’s never his fault.

Vettel was the same to a lesser extent when he had the messiah role. He’s only grown up and found some humility after he left them.

you know Toto wouldn’t take any **** from Hamilton and would tell him if he was being a ****. Can you say the same about Horner and Marko?

Caporegime
Great race. Love when those two go out as makes the race so much more exciting.

Bottas did a great job. As did the mclaren pair. So glad DR is back. And great to see norris handle it with dignity.
Good pair there.

No idea why RBR didn't get perez to give that place back.

Hamilton and verstappen? Racing incident for me. Great job by halo!

Side note. DC was a bit of a **** taking about Hamiltons incident both bottas on podium.

Soldato
Exciting race, great to see Mclaren get the win. Nice to see Bottas make up some places rather than just get stuck through the field like he has done in the past.

As for the Lewis/Max incident? 100% Max's fault imo. He's a complete hypocrite, complains about Hamilton not leaving him room when he did exactly the same on the first lap. Then when he runs out of space jumps the big kerb on the inside and mounts Lewis's car rather than back off and try and get past at another point? Max is by far the least likeable driver on the grid imo.

Transmission breaker
Don
Max is by far the least likeable driver on the grid imo.

I was going to write something to try and disagree with you, but then I thought about it, and even the "fun" videos with him leave me feeling like he is holding back, and struggling to keep it together.

It's rare to see anything that makes you think, awww, he's a nice human like most people.

Maybe I am just missing it! However, as a fan of the sport I usually love the driver taking it to the status-quo, but I am really struggling with Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom