Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2021, Monza - Race 14

Rate the 2021 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just watched the YouTube highlights, the clip of max walking past Lewis in his car, not even looking over….what a &£&£!!
This is what I can't get over. He also knew his car was lodged on top of Lewis's and was still revving the engine wasn't he?! Fortunately for Lewis the rear right wasn't spinning,, but you could see the left rear was. Crazy, he could have killed him?!

Side note. DC was a bit of a **** taking about Hamiltons incident both bottas on podium.
100% agree. I don't know their relationship but you could see Bottas's interest in the interview fade immediately when the subject came up.

Soldato
I think its partly the teams fault, you have 2 thoroughly toxic bosses who pander to his attitude. I find Max a very unlikeable character. Whilst he is with RBR I dont think he will ever change.

Funny that, everyone used to hate on Vettle for his attitude while at RBR and now he's like a saint.

Messed up the pit stop, lost his cool (surprise surprise...) threw a daft one and took his rival out then stormed off (walking up the actual live track...) steaming.

**** tbh

Soldato
So most of you know I’m Lulus biggest critic on here . 4 gifted WDC and the worlds biggest hypocrite going ect ect .

However today I feel Max deserved the penalty and possibly even did it on purpose. Lewis is lucky to have had the halo or we could all be having another sort of conversation.. I’m sure Max will take a power unit in Sochi so his grid place penalty won’t matter to much but he needs to start giving a few feet to drivers , something Lewis has been doing .

Soldato
The question here is, if you look at Senna, he was entirely uncompromising during his entire racing career.

Every race every overtake, every competitive moment, it was him or his opposition, I'm coming through get out the way or else.

Most got out of the way, occasionally they didn't and there was a crash.

Yet he is widely regarded as one of, if not, the, best driver ever.

Are we just saying once Max has a few championships under his belt, he will be regarded as amazing rather than dangerous?

Even though his driving style will undoubtably change little.

You could quite easily say the same of Schumacher, though he had a far more dominant car than Senna ever did.

Caporegime
Funny that, everyone used to hate on Vettle for his attitude while at RBR and now he's like a saint.

Messed up the pit stop, lost his cool (surprise surprise...) threw a daft one and took his rival out then stormed off (walking up the actual live track...) steaming.

**** tbh

Max is actually an arse though, just like his dad. Always has been, and most of the Dutch absolutely detest the guy. His dad also cracked someone's skull in a fight over a go-kart track use back in 2000. The family's just bad blood all around.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/998973.stm

Soldato
On a different note.

Great to see Mclaren get the 1/2, I'm praying they come out fighting with the 2022 regs and would like to see Farrari back up there.

I do like Lando but got to hand it to Daniel, once he was told to pick the pace up he delivered and Lando didn't have an answer (even took a sneaky fastest lap on the last lap) Driver of the day has to be Daniel with Lando and Bottas up there.

CH4 having DC and MW while Redbull is in the fight is starting to grate a little.

Soldato
CH4 having DC and MW while Redbull is in the fight is starting to grate a little.
I've not watched C4 for a while now, but Crofty on Sky is frustrating me - I literally have to walk out of the room when he starts talking to the team bosses on the pit wall. And Ted has turned into a bit of a nut job when ever he interacts with people recently.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Max is actually an arse though, just like his dad. Always has been, and most of the Dutch absolutely detest the guy. His dad also cracked someone's skull in a fight over a go-kart track use back in 2000. The family's just bad blood all around.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/998973.stm
You're not wrong there! :eek:
His Wiki page makes for rather unpleasant reading..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos_Verstappen#Controversy

Honestly, his initial radio message and reaction (or lack thereof) when he sulked his way back to the pits said it all, especially after Horner's "OMG HAM celebrating while Max was on his deathbed in the hospital" BS :mad:

Soldato
I've not watched C4 for a while now, but Crofty on Sky is frustrating me - I literally have to walk out of the room when he starts talking to the team bosses on the pit wall. And Ted has turned into a bit of a nut job when ever he interacts with people recently.

I mean I shouldn't complain too much as I'm not paying specifically for the CH4 footage.

But the lead guy doesn't have a clue, I cringe when ever he starts to ask questions. But DC is always quick to judge who ever it is that Max has decided to wrong. Webber isn't quiet as bad.

It would seem both services have their issues, I used to really enjoy the Sky team but with the decline in action and the incline in cost I dropped it.

Soldato
Looking at what near happed to Ham ( or what actually did happen) really shows how full of it RB are and their whole " Life at risk" crash talk. Think Max got slapped by the team though, he was clearly in the wrong and will be soon told to wise up from the higher up, as so far he is throwing an easy championship for the team and for himself. He came out of the messed up Pit Stop and couldn't keep it together and lost it..yet again. I'm tired to death of " hearing about his skill", he doesn't have enough to play those games on track because his skill is " Get in my way, ill crash you out and make sure my teams cries enough about it to everyone". He has no racing discipline. Then is Lewis make the smallest complain, everyone is tearing him a new one " yet week after week its Max crying like a petulant man child and all we get is " Ha..good ole Max..".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom