Kids running in eating places

Soldato
My friend is a year 1 teacher. Remembers a couple of years ago, she had twins in her class. They kept falling asleep. She was concerned. Secretary rang home. Answered by 19 year old sister. Said they had a meal out at 9pm and twins didn’t go to bed til midnight.
I often see school aged children being dragged about at my work at 9:30pm when they look shattered.
well that was pretty handy that you had a year 1 teacher friend and she has a story to regale you with following you posting this thread, or did you just remember about it now?

Caporegime
I’m really sorry if this offends any parents, but I don’t like kids in pubs full stop. Doesn’t even matter about eating. If I’m sitting in the pub enjoying my pint and reading the paper, I don’t want kids running around screaming, especially when they run straight into your table, knock your pint everywhere and start crying, making you feel bad because it’s your table that’s hurt them.

I don’t know if I’m a just a miserable git or whether others feel that way too.

Caporegime
I’m really sorry if this offends any parents, but I don’t like kids in pubs full stop. Doesn’t even matter about eating. If I’m sitting in the pub enjoying my pint and reading the paper, I don’t want kids running around screaming, especially when they run straight into your table, knock your pint everywhere and start crying, making you feel bad because it’s your table that’s hurt them.

I don’t know if I’m a just a miserable git or whether others feel that way too.

No, I agree 100%. Kids don't belong in pubs, that's what restaurants are for.

Caporegime
well that was pretty handy that you had a year 1 teacher friend and she has a story to regale you with following you posting this thread, or did you just remember about it now?

I used to work in a supermarket whilst I was in 6th form. Weekdays I'd finish at 10 fairly regularly and it wasn't unusual to have families with kids still in school uniform wandering about at my finish time.
I also used to do nights during holidays and it again wasn't uncommon to have parents with kids in in the early hours.
My step mum, prior to retirement taught and was a head of various primary schools. Exhausted kids is a real issue.
I currently have a family that lives nearby with 3 boys all younger than 10 and there have been plenty of occasions on school days where the kids are out playing in their garden until near midnight. Tbh I know it's because the dad is crap and shouldn't be allowed to have kids. He doesn't control them at all whenever the mum isn't in.

Soldato
Not clear why that means you don't have a table. I imagine you ate before you had kids?
He won't sit at the table, it's not comfortable for him.
His preferred option is sat on the floor, but we have to help him eat, and he's usually not interested in anything other than what's on his mum's plate.
We got rid of the table to make room for his various physio equipment. Our priority is his wellbeing not eating at a table because that's what some random people on the internet insist is the only way to eat for some reason.

Caporegime
He won't sit at the table, it's not comfortable for him.
His preferred option is sat on the floor, but we have to help him eat, and he's usually not interested in anything other than what's on his mum's plate.
We got rid of the table to make room for his various physio equipment. Our priority is his wellbeing not eating at a table because that's what some random people on the internet insist is the only way to eat for some reason.

It's what separates us from the Americans! Heck, some of them don't even know how to use a knife or fork.

Soldato
OP
I used to work in a supermarket whilst I was in 6th form. Weekdays I'd finish at 10 fairly regularly and it wasn't unusual to have families with kids still in school uniform wandering about at my finish time.
I also used to do nights during holidays and it again wasn't uncommon to have parents with kids in in the early hours.
My step mum, prior to retirement taught and was a head of various primary schools. Exhausted kids is a real issue.
I currently have a family that lives nearby with 3 boys all younger than 10 and there have been plenty of occasions on school days where the kids are out playing in their garden until near midnight. Tbh I know it's because the dad is crap and shouldn't be allowed to have kids. He doesn't control them at all whenever the mum isn't in.
At the back of my flat, there’s some terraced housing. Heard this constant noise and investigated and there was a boy aged about 8 on a bouncy castle at 2am on Thursday morning!

Some people should be sterilised. As bad parents breed the next generation of bad parents. As the kids think their upbringing is ok.

Soldato
OP
A few years ago, two brothers aged 3 and 4 came into my work at 7pm around Oct. They lived at council flats down an alley opposite my work. Came in wearing nothing but a t-shirt! They wanted some orange squash as ran out.

Who in their right minds lets very young children out when it’s dark with very little clothes?

Soldato
I full on JBP my children, I tell them if you want people to know awesome you are and like you, be the only child that's not being a noisey feral heathen.

Took my 6 year old to spoons the other week, better behaved than many 'adults'
I remember on his 2nd ever flight when he was 2 from Denmark, all the Danishes around were pleasantly surprised I had a child there as he made his first noise when the plane was deboarding.

I believe chav parents enjoy their heathens upsetting people, that's their real meal when eating out.

Caporegime
A general attitude of not caring how our behaviour affects others has being growing for decades. Looking after your children is just part of that. Mine are just as affected by boredom as others. But I make an effort to eep them in line. I will deploy the tablet with a cartoon on low volume if I have to but only in pubs. We very rarely go to nice restaurants with them because they aren't ready but then it's dress them up and make them understand they have to be especially good. I don't like having my meal ruined and I work on the assumption others won't either.

Anyway full kudos to the manager.
This. The air is constantly and continuously filled with the sounds of screaming, trantruming children these days.

In the supermarket, in their back gardens, walking around town. Kids just screaming and tantruming non-stop, and parents not doing diddly squat about it.

I think years ago parents would have been embarrassed at this behaviour, but now it's just 100% normal.

Made a thread a while back about other people's kids coming into our home and just wrecking the place. Parents just leaving them to their own devices and not even watching them.

What I've learned about modern society is that, as parents, your kids are everybody else's problem, and you (the parent) expect everybody to accommodate your kids no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom