Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
I definately want an adventure bike for my next one, I have a free weekend to go to dealerships in a few weeks so want to have a list and see which ones I like. :)

I'm 5'10 so not sure if my options for this type of bike is limited?
Do you want it for adventuring or touring? I’ve got a 790 adventure r and it could do both easily, it’s the best bike I’ve ridden to date and I’ve ride a fair few bikes. The power is just right and helps to keep you sensible on the road, you can push in and have fun without getting too silly numbers. If you enjoy more power then the 1190 will obviously tick that box and they are still off road capable. I also have a ktm 300 enduro and both bikes have been great reliability wise. I had a few issues with the 790 but they were sorted under warranty. Give one a test ride and see what you think.

Man of Honour
what everyones thoughts on a KTM Aventure 1190?

Really like to look of them and fancy a change for a touring style bike this time around.
Someone on my Mod 1 training had a KTM (not sure the exact model but a 125 of some sort) and said he's always having problems with it.

Soldato
Do you want it for adventuring or touring? I’ve got a 790 adventure r and it could do both easily, it’s the best bike I’ve ridden to date and I’ve ride a fair few bikes. The power is just right and helps to keep you sensible on the road, you can push in and have fun without getting too silly numbers. If you enjoy more power then the 1190 will obviously tick that box and they are still off road capable. I also have a ktm 300 enduro and both bikes have been great reliability wise. I had a few issues with the 790 but they were sorted under warranty. Give one a test ride and see what you think.
Might have to get a test ride booked in.

I really like the look of the bike, ticks all the boxes of what i'm looking for.

Associate
I did my first track day yesterday, up at Cadwell Park.

Such a fantastic experience, great instruction in the morning on a damp track and by afternoon, it had dried up for the open sessions.

Multistrada didn’t miss a beat, including the drive up the night before and the drive home afterwards. Fantastically capable machine (still far more capable then I am) and great fun on track.

An expensive hobby I think, but really puts into perspective what can be achieved when not on the road. Reckon I learnt more about my riding then than I have since I started (admittedly only 5 years)

Soldato
Run out today with some mates to Tyndrum, Scotland. Mixed bag of bikes - mine is the orange K1300S and I'm the ugly git with the beard :D Buddy has a rather nice Enfield Interceptor. Looks and sounds lovely :cool: We stopped off on the way back for some ridiculous milkshakes :p

cal1.jpg

cal2.jpg

milk1.jpg

Soldato
I bet that watching a bunch of middle aged biker blokes eat those ice creams must've looked a bit odd :D

The orange on your bimmer really pops, it's lovely :cool:

Thanks, I love the colour - it is BMW 'Lava Orange' and you are right, it does really stand out. Kind of changes shade depending on which way the sunlight hits it.

Yes - we drew a few looks. I had those milkshakes previously and suggested to the group we stop for one at that place, my shout. They thought we were stopping for normal milkshakes. :D:cry::D

Man of Honour
I took my 17 year old daughter out for her first pillion ride today. I am new to riding so I obviously rode really, really carefully. I think I was more nervous than her. But when we got back she said she had been grinning from ear to ear the whole way.

She was the one to get me interested in bikes a year ago and she really wants to get a Vespa. But my wife isn't keen. So she has been desperate to get on a bike in some form for a while. I really do think she will be a biker in the future.

Man of Honour
I was out riding tonight when I saw what I thought was a fox laying in the road. But it was an elderly lady who had slipped and fallen moments before I arrived. I got off to see if she was OK and It turned out she had badly hurt herself and couldn't get up.

I told her to stop trying while I stopped some oncoming traffic as she was literally in the middle of the road. Someone else arrived and offered to call an ambulance. I put my jacket under her head as she had bumped it badly on the way down and then supported her leg to prevent her moving it until the ambulance arrived.

Unbelievably the estimate for the ambulance was two hours but they sent some police to block off the road. Neighbours had come out to see what was going on so brought some blankets to put over her. The police managed to get her case upgraded and the ambulance eventually arrived after about 40 minutes.

It was quite impressive watching the paramedics build a stretcher around her to lift her into the ambulance.

It did cross my mind that the police may have thought I had hit her as my bike was the nearest vehicle to her and I was first at the scene. But luckily she was lucid and could tell them she had simply fallen over.

Well that's my good deed done for the day. I hope she is OK but I think her hip or leg is broken. She was not only in agony but so embarrassed at having to be helped. One light hearted moment was the paramedic returning my jacket to me couldn't believe how heavy it was (full elbow, shoulder and back armour, old school Goldtop thick leather jacket).

Associate
I took my 17 year old daughter out for her first pillion ride today. I am new to riding so I obviously rode really, really carefully. I think I was more nervous than her. But when we got back she said she had been grinning from ear to ear the whole way.

She was the one to get me interested in bikes a year ago and she really wants to get a Vespa. But my wife isn't keen. So she has been desperate to get on a bike in some form for a while. I really do think she will be a biker in the future.

I am 19 and my mum wasn't keen on me getting a bike either. After a while it gets better and they become more accepting but mums will always be mums. Hope you both manage to convince your other half to let her get the bike :).

In other news since my crash in July my amazing ninja 125 was written off. They pulled out of a one way and hit me. i paid off my finance and recently bought a beautiful black and yellow YZFR 125 08 plate. i have fitted a leo vince full exhaust system and now she sounds lovely. Bought a dyno and now just need to program it for my bike. Exciting times.

Soldato

Sold my KTM 690 scmr last month and have agreed to buy this pending the suspension being set back to stock height as it's been lowered, has every option on it, 2019 7k miles.

Soldato
I sold the KTM thinking i could maybe go through the rest of the year without a bike, but i had a weeks holiday at home recently and was very bored and the weather was nice, i was kicking myself for selling the bike.

This is my Sixth bike now since i got into them in 2018, hope to use this one through the winter with some comfort, it would have been brutal on the KTM.

Soldato

New gear day! new bike is arriving tomorrow, had thrown out some of my old stuff and sold some, wasn't planning on getting another bike until next year.

X-Lite X-1005 ultra carbon + Icon stormhawk boots.

Back
Top Bottom