Carpet protector for under a PC Chair

Soldato
I am in process of tarting up my PC room and have just ordered a new carpet -So can /has anyone who has one of these protectors recommend any particular one or are they basically the same -I guess you get what you pay for.
Wife says see through plastic - Some come with a lip -is that the bit that goes under table to put your feet on or has the edge got a lip.

Don
Soldato
OP
I was thinking of something with a bit more quality like made from plastic and see through :rolleyes:

My last one was a offcut of the original carpet.

Soldato
jesus - not if they were giving them away!!

Soldato
I think this is confirmation of a free pass to post competitors in the floor matt category? :p

Caporegime
I didn't bother and about 6 years later it's just a light coloured circle under my chair the actual carpet doesn't seem damaged just faded.

I could probably just add some dye to a vax and wash the carpet to make it look new again

anyone paying 50quid for a carper protector what the hell? just buy a plastic door protector mat for like £5 and cut it so size ,use an offcut of carpet or both

Soldato
The trend has edged towards lower pile carpets but I guess only you know if 50 quid a good investment versus a decent quality carpet possibly getting unrecoverably ruined.

Associate

Oh wow , there is a gamer-product for everything. I certainly would have gotten the NaVi one a couple of years back haha

Soldato
Get what you pay for, go through quite a lot as working for I'm home now.

One I have currently got seems to be really good quality. Look for Kaiser chair mat (made in Germany) on Amazon. £32.

Associate
I am in process of tarting up my PC room and have just ordered a new carpet -So can /has anyone who has one of these protectors recommend any particular one or are they basically the same -I guess you get what you pay for.
Wife says see through plastic - Some come with a lip -is that the bit that goes under table to put your feet on or has the edge got a lip.

Have a look the on Amazonian River for : AllRight Chair Mat Carpet Protection PVC Clear Transparent for Hard Floors T-Shape

Soldato
I also used a piece of leftover carpet, as the fitters left a generous amount behind. You can have the edges of these finished / tided up so they look smart, but I didn't bother.

The one down side to using a leftover carpet, is the wheels dig in further and moving the chair can be quite hard sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom