Is a 10 second car considered fast by 2021 standards?

Soldato
Drag racing is the most pointless thing ever.

I mean even top fuel dragsters has very little to do with the driver behind the wheel.

I guess the entertainment from drag racing is watching a Corsa B with a gazillion horsepower under the hood smashing some Lambo.

Then when you pop the hood on the Corsa and you see that stand alone fuel management system and you think to yourself "not a bad way way to spend 10 grand" and "I'm gonna pink slip Johnny Tran next".

yes you're dead right and i was really keen on drag racing just a few years ago, it's good fun but that's about all it is.
it's like those 9 second fart box Civics, really ugly looking and on the street it looks so wrong, especially when they bounce of the rev limiter.

the best sort of drag car to me would look OEM, a real street sleeper.

Soldato
that electric dragster is direct drive, it must be pulling a massive Amperage and enormous torque that's virtually instantaneous.

Caporegime
no it still shifts, it's 3 speed, but if you get the shift at the wrong RPM it blows the motor, but yea it's still pretty confusing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEIQenNVEBw

Come on, at least google before posting wrong stuff.

Unlike a street or high-performance car that uses a manual or automatic transmission, a top-fuel dragster uses a centrifugal clutch and only operates in forward, high, and reverse.

https://team.valvoline.com/racing/clutch-how-nhra-top-fuel-dragsters-put-10000-horsepower-track

Caporegime
Drag racing is the most pointless thing ever.

I mean even top fuel dragsters has very little to do with the driver behind the wheel.

I guess the entertainment from drag racing is watching a Corsa B with a gazillion horsepower under the hood smashing some Lambo.

Then when you pop the hood on the Corsa and you see that stand alone fuel management system and you think to yourself "not a bad way way to spend 10 grand" and "I'm gonna pink slip Johnny Tran next".

I've never driven one myself, but I'd imagine that controlling 10k horsepower on varying levels of traction must take some serious skill.

Caporegime
I've never driven one myself, but I'd imagine that controlling 10k horsepower on varying levels of traction must take some serious skill.

I am completely guessing here as I have never driven something with 10K horsepower but have driven powerful cars both on the strip and on track yet going in a straight line seems like the easiest part to me.

Soldato
there's nothing you can do if it loses control, i would say the skill is having the bottle to drive it in the 1st place.
but this will be learnt years ago from bracket drag racing, i.e working your way up through the classes until you're wearing big pants. I could never drive one i'd be scared stiff.

Back
Top Bottom