Found a well…

Soldato
Look up from the bottom however…

scary beard down there
Now don't take this wrong way, but with that hard hat and beard combo, you absolutely look like the kind of nut case that would be on a ladder down a well.

I hope the rope was essentially just tied around your waste? :cry::cool:

Great thread well read again.

Soldato
How do we suppose they constructed this, would it have been a rough-cut hole in to which they built the brickwork and backfilled around the edge with dirt?

Associate
OP
Now don't take this wrong way, but with that hard hat and beard combo, you absolutely look like the kind of nut case that would be on a ladder down a well.

sorry, my other half insisted something better… we’ve borrowed a lumberjacks harness, which make climbing ones look positively weak…

Soldato

I'd have hoped it was tied round his waist otherwise what you're suggesting opens up a whole new level of questioning :eek: :p

Associate
lol the thought did cross my mind, but to be honest, we are both kind of enjoying this :)

the rubble though is not going to be fun to get rid of… :(
If there are any good bricks in the rubble you could just use it to extend a wall up around the top. Or even make a fat double skinned wall and fill with the rubble.

Associate
OP
If there are any good bricks in the rubble you could just use it to extend a wall up around the top. Or even make a fat double skinned wall and fill with the rubble.

so we did get some full bricks, but are saving them for a block wall we built at the other end of the garden. We plan to ‘front’ it with flint and the old bricks so it looks the same as the other walls :)

Associate
Doh! Just don’t fall in… I heard filling in someone else well with my rubble is a lot more fun?
you know you could just dig another hole and bury them.......thats what our builder apparently did with all the half bricks from our garage build......kept finding them for years....

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......imagine the potatoes at that depth keep covering them...be a devil to harvest them :)

Back
Top Bottom