Who is Better

• Messi

Votes: 52 36.1%
  • Ronaldo

Votes: 92 63.9%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
...why not? :p

Interesting Messi v Ronaldo debate on MNF by Nev and Carra.

I've always thought Messi is the more gifted technical player, but Ronaldo is more complete when you factor in the headers - which is a significant part of the game. Also worth adding Messi is a far better playmaker, so that may offset the headers.

If Ronaldo can somehow 'fix' Man Utd and get the league title back, at his age, where as Messi has gone for the easier ride (I know it's not quite that simple), I think it would end the debate in terms of achievements at least.

Soldato
For me, I see it as Messi is more naturally gifted, Ronaldo has worked at it over years and for me is the best football player to grace my generation. He has also challenged himself in multiple leagues, Messi stayed comfy in Barca never challenging himself, Id hardly even see PSG will be a challenge for him.

Shame he never played for us though :(

Don
Messi, by a mile. Neville's argument about Ronaldo being a more complete goalscorer was nothing short of nonsense. It doesn't matter how you score the goals as long as you score them and Messi scores at a better rate than Ronaldo and is a million miles ahead of him in terms of his all round contribution to the team and attacks.

Don
Moderating has really gone down the pan lately ;)
The day you were let in we all gave up.

And on a serious note, Ronaldo has averaged a goal or assist every 81 minutes over the course of his career which is incredible. Unfortunately for him, Messi is averaging a goal or assist every 65 minutes which is in****ingsane. Messi scores and creates at a rate we have never seen before and I doubt we'll ever see again. The guy is a freak.

Man of Honour
OP
Just to add - we shouldn't be forgetting the likes of Maradona, but it's difficult to judge different eras. It's spooky how similar Messi is though in many ways.

Soldato
The day you were let in we all gave up.

And on a serious note, Ronaldo has averaged a goal or assist every 81 minutes over the course of his career which is incredible. Unfortunately for him, Messi is averaging a goal or assist every 65 minutes which is in****ingsane. Messi scores and creates at a rate we have never seen before and I doubt we'll ever see again. The guy is a freak.

and unfurtunately ronaldo has had to do that in 3 different countries whilst messi has kept it easy at barca

Don
Just to add - we shouldn't be forgetting the likes of Maradona, but it's difficult to judge different eras. It's spooky how similar Messi is though in many ways.
Football has always evolved with gradual improvements throughout the generations but Messi (and Ronaldo) took things to a whole new level. We used to get told that a top striker scored 1 in 2 but off the back of what they've done we're now seeing more and more forwards pushing the 1 in 1.5 goals to game ratio.

Maybe Maradona at his best was as good as Messi but where he (and Ronaldo) have excelled is that they've done it every week for 10+ years. Like I said in my post above, Ronaldo's numbers are far ahead of the great forwards of years gone by and Messi's are a step ahead.
and unfurtunately ronaldo has had to do that in 3 different countries whilst messi has kept it easy at barca
This is about as sensible as Neville's argument. Why does it matter that Messi stayed at Barca where as Ronaldo played for Utd and Juve as well as Real? Ronaldo still played his entire career at the most dominant (or at least one of the top 2 clubs) club in the League throughout his entire career, just like Messi.

How does Ronaldo leaving Real to go to an inferior League and make Juve (the most dominant side in Serie A by a mile) a worse side, become a good thing?

Back
Top Bottom