Insurance approved repair vs. finding your own

Associate
so why might Auxillis only be involved for non-fault claims - just a slightly different client service, with a temporary car ? but the quality of the fix should be the same ..

from the two examples - they provided a 50% success for managing repairs.

Because Auxillis is used as Admiral's non-fault service, which means they will only be instructed if the OP had been not at fault for the accident, as OP has already stated it would be a fault claim then they won't be instructed.

For clarity here I am a claims handler at Admiral

Soldato
Because Auxillis is used as Admiral's non-fault service, which means they will only be instructed if the OP had been not at fault for the accident, as OP has already stated it would be a fault claim then they won't be instructed.

For clarity here I am a claims handler at Admiral
I think the query is why they have a firm only for no-fault claims versus just a regular claims handling firm.

Soldato
I think the query is why they have a firm only for no-fault claims versus just a regular claims handling firm.
yes - that is what I was, poorly, getting at -

Not claimed in a while, and I thought that if I had a no-fault claim against an at-fault Admiral insured 'perp' Admiral might get me to use this Auxillis service,
as opposed to anything from my own insurance company, and, if Auxillis service is poor, I'd now have reservations.

A no-fault customer may have a better service like a temporary car, which could warrant a separate service,
but the quality of the repair should be the same right ? ( do the non-faults go to the front of the queue, and the oem parts bin. )

So they can hand off the workload at no cost or maybe even a commission that is recovered from the other party?
I know it was said jovially but other insurance comanies wouldn't accept such a commission, cost management is important for all types of claim.

Associate
OP
I'm hoping to talk to Admiral today to clarify some things, approved repairers and all that.

Hopefully the quality of the fixes are the same for a fault claim.

Man of Honour
I prefer to use my own bodyshop of choice and not one of those recommended, unless it is one and the same. I can then be fairly confident of the quality of repair and parts used. Never had a problem doing that first or third party.

Soldato
I used to work next door to body repair company in Cheltenham that clearly did mainly insurance work (loads of hire cars, fast turnaround etc), when a colleague had his (original) mini bumped he ended up going there via insurance.. when he picked it up he asked me to come and take a look since it was next door and we had about 15+ issues, paint defects, bad colour matching, not painted the inside of the panels (visible in the boot), hadn't put the bumper on correctly, etc.. They also used cheap parts that are 'insurance approved' but not genuine, as they only replaced one rear light cluster, it was obviously different to the other side and looked a bit of a mess!

I've seen and had much better experiences using repairers that are not only approved by the insurer but also brand approved, they tend to do a much better job, but that might just be anecdotal..

Associate
OP
The good reviews I read were apparently for a different branch, so at this point I'm just going to expect the worst I think.

I noticed the paperwork from the insurance company says the repairer will "use parts made to the manufacturer specification" which is slightly different wording to the advisor on the phone assuring that they would use genuine parts.

The company doing the fix is a Vauxhall workshop so probably not approved by Ford.

Back
Top Bottom