• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA's GPU fans are trying to hit 200,000 RPM in New World, that might explain a fried chip or two

Associate
How would they even hope to achieve this. The Williams F1 engine (from maybe 10 years ago) is the only time I have ever seen anything go past 20,000 rpm and until then it was considered impossible.

Soldato
How would they even hope to achieve this. The Williams F1 engine (from maybe 10 years ago) is the only time I have ever seen anything go past 20,000 rpm and until then it was considered impossible.

you wouldn't, plastic gpu fans would disintegrate well before even 10,000 rpm

Impellers in turbo can run at 100,000 rpm

Soldato
PC gamer has always been a bunch of amateurs. The card fans cannot spin that fast, nor can a sensor read that speed.

How do you mean? I don’t think PC gamer had anything to do with the tests, unless I’m reading the article wrong, it was Igors Lab, a German tech site that did the testing.
And again, I might be reading it wrong, but it wasn’t a case of the fan spinning that fast, apparently it is a case of the fan controller requesting a ridiculous fan speed, which then causes the fan controller chip to fail.

It’s almost as though the fan controller is requesting power way beyond the design limitations of the actual physical limit which is what is killing them?

Soldato
Not had any issues with mine on this game or any other. Nice quiet card, really happy.

I monitor temps, power … not seen any issues.

From what I have read it was a batch with some sub standard soldering that had issues.

Associate
Evga have reported this wasn't the case and it was a bad solder job on some cards.

The 200,000rpm is just a reporting bug apparently.

Back
Top Bottom