Upgrade Advice

Associate
Hi All,

My sons I5-3570K is about ready for retirement.

My system is i5-7600K 3.80GHz Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming K5 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB. Intention is to transfer this into the P500 Case, using the Brocken 3 Cooler along with the rest of his system.

b]My basket at Overclockers UK:[/b]
Total: £631.86 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Items above will then be used to upgrade my system using the TR4 bracket for my Cryorig R1.

Real World, what performance benefits would:-
1. I5-7600K have over the I5-3570K
2. Ryzen 5 5600X over the i5-7600K

Not too fussed about pushing both to the max, just add a Mild Overclock on both, any comments would be appreciated.

Regards, Sven

Associate
It'll be a small upgrade for your son as it's still a quad core and Intel's IPC gain have been reserved over the years. Saying that, I'll be a much bigger upgrade for you..

Also, why are you including the TR4 cooler bracket?

Associate
OP
Hi Keenan,

Thanks for the reply, he mainly plays DAYZ, Tarkov, CS Go & Rainbow 6.

Looking at the reviews i5-7600K seems to have a 20-25% advantage over I5-3570K, whereas the Ryzen seems to have a 40% advantage over the I5-7600K

TR4 Bracket will be used for my Cryorig R1 Cooler - its been a stellar performer & I dont want to get shut of it.

Sven

Associate
Hi Keenan,

Thanks for the reply, he mainly plays DAYZ, Tarkov, CS Go & Rainbow 6.

Looking at the reviews i5-7600K seems to have a 20-25% advantage over I5-3570K, whereas the Ryzen seems to have a 40% advantage over the I5-7600K

TR4 Bracket will be used for my Cryorig R1 Cooler - its been a stellar performer & I dont want to get shut of it.

Sven

But you'll be using the cooler on the same bundled motherboard listed in your basket, right?

If that's the case then the AM4 bracket should already be included. The TR4 bracket is for Threadripper..

Associate
OP
Yep,

Cryorig will be used on the Ryzen 5 Build.

I bought the Cryorig ages ago, before the Ryzen's were introduced so it didn't come with the required bracketry - so I will probably need the Conversion Kit.

Sven

Soldato
so I will probably need the Conversion Kit.
You'll need AM4 mounting kit.
Threadrippers use entirely different far larger socket with far larger cooler mounting hole spacing.

And no sense to pay over £50 for cooler for that 7600K.
In case of wanting performance, flat base of direct contact heatpipe coolers is also suboptimal for Intel's dented heatspreaders.
(lots of solid base coolers have convex base)

Associate
OP
Hi EsaT,

Realised what I had done when Keenan Pointed it out.

The Cryorig is currently installed on the 7600K & the performance is outstanding, was going to transfer it over to the Ryzen Build but the AM4 bracket is out of Stock & has been on Back order for a couple of months.

Intention now is to leave the Cryorig where it is & purchase the Brocken for the Ryzen Build.

Sven

Back
Top Bottom