Any remakes of tv shows better than original?

Soldato
Whilst certainly not better than the original, since there is no way you can improve on perfection, the recent Dad's Army: The Lost episodes series of three missing episodes was easily good enough to warrant a full remake. The cast they chose were absolutely spot on, and if they could come up with new scripts as good as the originals they could do a series which would probably stand up to the original, or just be worthwhile in its own right. Kevin Eldon was particularly good in it as Jones, but I don't think there was any weakness in the cast overall, it was bang on. Even Mathew Horne was good as Walker, and he had James Beck to live up to.

Man of Honour
I enjoyed the remake of V.

I'm sorry, but even with Morena Baccarin in it it was a pale shadow of the insanely camp original. I stopped watching after one episode. That said, I've always had a theory about re-makes/re-recordings: you always prefer the one you saw in your late teens.

Soldato
I'm sorry, but even with Morena Baccarin in it it was a pale shadow of the insanely camp original. I stopped watching after one episode. That said, I've always had a theory about re-makes/re-recordings: you always prefer the one you saw in your late teens.
In the late 00's my TV viewing was quite strange lol.

Off the top of my head Invasion, Reaper, Seaker and I think Merlin?

V remake also had Vandervroot ^^

Soldato
I presume by 'canon' people actually mean canonical as authorised and accepted as happening in the same universe as the original work.

In addition to those already mentioned such as House of Cards

Here's an easy one - Queen of the South. The original Mexican version was like something shot on a cheap camera, with dutch angles, and a complete lack of lighting and audio engineering.

Associate
American remake of The Office would fall under this I guess :D

They count if they are better. For example I wouldn't say the UK or US remake of the Bridge is better than the original Danish/Swedish show

I've not seen The Killing yet.

Aha, well in that case I stand by my statement! :p

Also Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman were both incredible in it..

Back
Top Bottom