Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato
Absolutely loving the season pass exotic Lorentz Driver, the best seasonal exotic since arrivals (witherhoard + effigy). May actually complete the catalyst for this one.

For Warlocks, try storm dancers brace after the super refund buff, extremely fun to use on bottom tree storm caller and in the right situation just about out-DPS' geomag choas reach too.

Associate
Lorentz is ridiculous in PvP as it lets you track guardians automatically at random through walls, and you don't even need to be using it so your primary auto can have the tracking ability as long as the gun is on you :cry:. Can see that being nerfed eventually.

Crucible momentum is the best one for getting guardian kills as bodyshots 1 hit kill, finished that part of the quest in no time.

Soldato
Lorentz is ridiculous in PvP as it lets you track guardians automatically at random through walls, and you don't even need to be using it so your primary auto can have the tracking ability as long as the gun is on you :cry:. Can see that being nerfed eventually.

Crucible momentum is the best one for getting guardian kills as bodyshots 1 hit kill, finished that part of the quest in no time.

AFAIK Bungie have already announced the player tracking is being removed completely from PvP in the next hotfix/patch. I'll get the cat done as soon as I hit the omega boost in the season pass :)

Associate
Any tips for a returning player now that PC has crossplay? played it on ps4 when it first came out and the guys who i played it with (who still play it) are on console but I can't handle 30fps or controllers so I'm going to switch to PC, I last played it a few months ago for a couple of hrs and got stasis unlocked but that was about as far as I got with it.

Soldato
As far as I know you now have a 'bungie name/tag' which is used for adding and joining friends on all platforms - I might be wrong though as i haven't used it yet.

Anyone wants to try an absolutely stupidly high DPS build: Middle tree sunbreaker Titan, Synthoceps exotic arms, 1-2 punch shotty. Get 3 stacks of roaring flames (3 kills with melee/grenade/super) proc bionic enhancements, proc 1-2 punch, throw hammer, everything dies.

Soldato
Put 20 hours into this and don't have a scooby what I'm doing to be honest. There's so much to do in this game it's overwhelming. I've mostly just been vibing on the moon doing Shadowkeep content.

Soldato
Put 20 hours into this and don't have a scooby what I'm doing to be honest. There's so much to do in this game it's overwhelming. I've mostly just been vibing on the moon doing Shadowkeep content.

Bungie have done a **** poor job of letting newer players know wtf to do. I would start with the new light campaign via shaw han in the cosmodrome, then work your way through the various DLC's (if you have them) starting with Forsaken followed by Shadowkeep and then Beyond Light. If you buy the BL deluxe edition you'll get access to all of this years previous seasons (Hunt, Chosen, Splicer and Lost) as well as the activities and items associated with those. Hunt was a pretty poor season and activity but Chosen and Splicer were very good and Lost is shaping up very well too. Given this season is extended to 6 months you've plenty of time to get most things done. Anything your stuck with just ask :)

Soldato
It's always been poor ever since Destiny 1.

I didn't play D1, played maybe a few months of D2Y1 and then didn't pick it back up until half way through Worthy. It took me an easy 2-3 months of exploring followed by relentless googling to figure out what I was doing. Though there is now at least a tab in the director that gives you an quick glance over the story to date, which is worth reading as the story writing this year has been absolutely superb.

Soldato
Bungie have done a **** poor job of letting newer players know wtf to do. I would start with the new light campaign via shaw han in the cosmodrome, then work your way through the various DLC's (if you have them) starting with Forsaken followed by Shadowkeep and then Beyond Light. If you buy the BL deluxe edition you'll get access to all of this years previous seasons (Hunt, Chosen, Splicer and Lost) as well as the activities and items associated with those. Hunt was a pretty poor season and activity but Chosen and Splicer were very good and Lost is shaping up very well too. Given this season is extended to 6 months you've plenty of time to get most things done. Anything your stuck with just ask :)

I actually lost track of the New Light quest :p. Currently about 75% of the way through the Shadowkeep campaign so will try getting through that. I'm at the soft cap and going above it seems to be a lot of work.

Soldato

I actually lost track of the New Light quest :p. Currently about 75% of the way through the Shadowkeep campaign so will try getting through that. I'm at the soft cap and going above it seems to be a lot of work.

Once you hit softcap which I think should be 1300 this season, this means random world drops will no longer hit above your current light level. Next up is the 'hard' cap which should be 1310, to progress this you'll need either powerful or pinnacle rewards, its generally advised to hit powerfull rewards first then get your pinnacles, though in reality it doesn't really matter. Finally you have the 'Pinnacle' cap which is 1320 which can ONLY be advanced with Pinnacle drops. Though I wouldn't stress too much on hitting the pinnacle cap, RNG can be shocking at times in this game, your artifact power bonus will make up for it.

To see who offers what rewards just highlight certain vendors and activites in the Director and it should tell you, an easy start is usually hitting 8 x bounties with vanguard/crucible/gambit/gunsmith/seasonal Vendor, Seasonal activity runs, Join a clan (any clan really for now) and do some strikes etc... to get a powerful reward from hawthorne. Then a few easy pinnacles are 3 x playlist strikes matching subclass to strike Singe (this week is solar singe, so do 3 strikes as a solar subclass), 3 x matches of comp, 3 x matches of gambit. 100k Nightfall score this week will usually require it to be ran at legend or higher, its the Corrupted, renouned as one of the longest and hardest Nightfalls in the game. Then naturally if you can get a team together the VoG raid offers a weekly pinnacle and once unlocked so do the Harbinger and Presage missions.

You can use DIM (Destiny Item Manager) to view you maximum light level too. You do NOT need to have your max power gear equipped for the next higher level stuff to drop, as long as its on one of your characters or in your vault your good :)

Associate
Got back into this last weekend, soooo much better on pc than ps4, night and day difference, there seems to be an insane amount of stuff to catch up on but it is very daunting to new players or even returning players

Associate
Got back into this last weekend, soooo much better on pc than ps4, night and day difference, there seems to be an insane amount of stuff to catch up on but it is very daunting to new players or even returning players

That is half the problem with destiny, if you fall behind its a daunting task to catch up. In reality it doesn't take long, and if anything you're at an advantage over those that play all the time.
As someone who plays all the time, the content is time gated, as it it every season, but if you miss a season or two you can just smash through the story and catch up quick.

I have been really digging this season, the story is on point and I'm loving the gameplay loop.

Soldato
Finally managed to catch up (Power ~1310) having missed the last two seasons

Bit of a slog, but can now hopefully do VoG and some of the other content

Anyone want to run a Master Presage?

Soldato
Is there still no news of this appearing on PC Ultimate Gamepass with all dlc like the xbox gamepass? There were lots of rumours but nothing as of yet.

From what I remember they were waiting for cross-play to come active first which is only taking its baby steps this season.

Finally managed to catch up (Power ~1310) having missed the last two seasons

Bit of a slog, but can now hopefully do VoG and some of the other content

Anyone want to run a Master Presage?

Could help you with that (steam = pgi947) though may not be available for some lengthy D2 time until the weekend.

The Burning Maul middle tree solar titan build I mentioned earlier, I decided to try it with Focusing Lense now the new stasis exotic trace rifle is available. Wow, I've been hitting bosses for well over 700K (for context thats nearly double a curiass super) with a single hammer, its making champions trivial to the point mods aren't even needed, seemingly this stacks with tractor cannon too for even more damage.

Last edited:
Associate
I thought cross play was fully active in PVE only now as on Steam I've been playing with Xbox and PS users according to the icon in the roster, even the tower is a full mix.

Shame it's not enabled for PVP considering there's a mix of keyboard/mouse and controllers on the PC anyway.

Back
Top Bottom