US: lucifer

Associate
Feels like they needed a really tightly scripted 2 hour film to tie up after the end of Season 5, not a mess of a season that wasted half of it revisiting no note characters and introducing new ones.

Man of Honour
Assuming you don't mean the second half of season 5 - there are 10 episodes of season 6 on Netflix - not sure if that is the lot or if like season 5 they are dropping it in 2 halves.

I've not watched it all yet but mostly I've found it reasonably interesting the odd bit aside.

Soldato
There's 10 episodes for s6 and it's a finish to the show. Unless they get picked up again down the line if Netflix thinks this has done better than expected it's a full stopping point.

Sgarrista
Commissario
What a superb last 10/15 minutes, there was even a draught that came through the door and made my eyes water.

Im not crying, youre crying.

Honestly though, that was one of the nicest wrap ups to a show I can remember. Yes, still sad the show is gone as absolutely loved it and it had some bad episodes, but some also amazing ones that gave a lot of laughs.

If that is the end of it forever more, then it was a good send off.

Soldato
The not coming back from hell thing was weird, as it seems he only did it because he promised Aurora but he only promised her because that's what he'd done already in her time. But I guess that's what you get for some wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.

While it's a shame it's finished I hope they don't bring it back as that was a decent season and a good wrap up.

Soldato
Right.....................wtf?

The whole show is Lucifer and the Detective on/off, will they/won't they, Ross/Rachel - yet he chooses to give up spending his life with Chloe and Rory, PLUS Trixie loses 2 men in her life?!

OK, i can go with he has been redeemed and chose the 'greater good' by trying to save lost souls, but i was watching the montage of everyone being happy, yet our 2 main stars couldn't be - i was left just feeling empty :(

But then we had a 2nd chance to pull it back - Chloe dies and goes to heaven, God is there to show her the way and i was praying (lol) for Lucifer to be there waiting for her - their reward for their sacrifice is to have eternity together - but denied again!

We then get a cheesy ending and a kiss in a sh!itty office instead of in heaven together - bah! But i guess they are 'partners' again - would have preferred he was waiting for her, they have a bit of heaven together and then get to work back down in Hell.

2 other things:

• Dan and Cylon in heaven - why are there waiters?! What has someone done that is so bad that they get to wait on other people for all eternity?

• Major issue - why was Linda Martin shagging another bloke?! That was never explained! (S6Ep8)

Great show, Chloe and Lucifer do end up together, but was building to a much bigger and better ending to what we eventually got.

ETA: reading on Reddit, the Doctor and Amenadiel broke up and were just co-parenting? Frick i can't remember that happening.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ending was just OK for me, but with the whole time-travel thing they were never going to able to satisfy me as I can't help but pick holes in paradoxes.

Way too many loose ends though.

I know Trixie was sidelined seasons ago as she was more of a catalyst for jokes about Lucifer/Maze not knowing how to interact with kids, but they way she was always conveniently not around stuck out like a sore thumb.
Surely she would have been there at Chloe's deathbed too? When did they finally let her in on all the celestial stuff, surely Charlie randomly spouting wings would have raised some questions?
And it doesn't help that I think the actress has zero talent, every time she speaks she looks like she is sucking on a lemon whilst squinting at the sun. :p

They also make it out like guilt was the only reason to go to hell, and if you can come to terms with it, you get out. Fine for people who weren't inherently bad and ended up there as 'lost souls', but surely mass-murderers and the like should never be able to be redeemed? So LeMec (however it is spelt) being there was just stupid (and I get it was more for comedic purposes).

Also, surely Lucifer could have still popped up to visit Chloe whilst she was pregnant, hell, even for the first few months after Rory was born, not like she would remember anything.

Soldato
Also, surely Lucifer could have still popped up to visit Chloe whilst she was pregnant, hell, even for the first few months after Rory was born, not like she would remember anything.

I thought it was because time works different down there, like Dan was only there for a few months yet experienced thousands of years playing ping pong with Belios. So even if Lucifer only popped down for a minute or two, that would be decades passing on Earth.

Soldato
Just finished this. I actually really enjoyed this season....much, much better than the last one.

I think it ended well. I'm not going to think too hard about it all, it's basically a show about a camp devil falling in love :p

Back
Top Bottom