EE to reintroduce Roaming Europe Charges

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Same, only reason I have stayed with them for years and years was because of the roaming as I like to travel.

Not sure if it's worth going with O2 now if chances are they will just follow at some point..

Soldato
Looks like Three have joined the roaming charges party. I’m surprised as they had included roaming for awhile before it became EU law and it went well beyond that requirement as well.

Just O2 remaining, should we place bets for how long it takes them to change?

This sucks im also shocked as they was doing international roaming included way better then the other operators back before the charges were dropped!

Although reading on the BBC it says for new customers / contracts?

Associate
Just renewed my Three contract early to keep the roaming benefits for another 24 months. Apparently if you renew before Oct 1st you'll keep the roaming for the life of your contract. We'll see I guess. I usually visit upwards of 50 countries a year through work so its a necessity really.

Soldato
Just renewed my Three contract early to keep the roaming benefits for another 24 months. Apparently if you renew before Oct 1st you'll keep the roaming for the life of your contract. We'll see I guess. I usually visit upwards of 50 countries a year through work so its a necessity really.

They did the same to me, then with the prices increase I was forced to change to a cheaper contract with less benefits :mad:

Soldato
Noticed this in the smallprint of Three emails.

There is a £2 daily charge to unlock your UK allowance in Go Roam in Europe destinations and a £5 daily charge in Go Roam Around the World destinations. We are waiving the daily charge until 23 May 2022 but from then, the daily charge will be applied as soon as there is a "chargeable event" (such as accessing data services or making an outbound call or text). There is no daily charge if you choose to stay on your plan after your current contract ends. Go Roam use in the Republic of Ireland and the Isle of Man is excluded from the daily charge. Our fair use policies apply in Go Roam destinations. See www.three.co.uk/priceguide for full details.

I thought they would be the last to introduce this.

I'm a little confused if this only applies to new contracts though. Currently pay £8.36 for 12GB of data and unlimited minutes. Might be a strong incentive to leave it rolling over forever.

Associate
Noticed this in the smallprint of Three emails.

I thought they would be the last to introduce this.

I'm a little confused if this only applies to new contracts though. Currently pay £8.36 for 12GB of data and unlimited minutes. Might be a strong incentive to leave it rolling over forever.

I would assume there is a provision in the rolling contracts for terms to change at the end of the contract period, which will be the end of the 30 day period.

Soldato
It was only a matter of time before Three done this. Now they are taking advantage, with the UK leaving the EU. Ok fair enough but now a charge to unlock for the rest of the world?!?!?!?! When did that agreement change??!?!?

They are going to do with what they did with Go Binge, raise of the price of the current/older contracts. Forcing you to take out a new contact with their new roaming terms.

Soldato
I would assume there is a provision in the rolling contracts for terms to change at the end of the contract period, which will be the end of the 30 day period.

Dunno, the wording seems to imply I won't be charged. I'll find out once the contract ends next month I guess.

They phoned me up last week to "upgrade". I asked what they had and the best they could offer was £12 for the same deal on a 24 month contract. I asked what the benefit of me upgrading would be and the answer was, I would benefit from being on a new contract :cry:.

Associate
Dunno, the wording seems to imply I won't be charged. I'll find out once the contract ends next month I guess.

They phoned me up last week to "upgrade". I asked what they had and the best they could offer was £12 for the same deal on a 24 month contract. I asked what the benefit of me upgrading would be and the answer was, I would benefit from being on a new contract :cry:.

Sounds like the salesman would benefit from you being on a new contract... I struggle to see why people buy SIM CONTRACTS from MNOs when monthly rolling deals offer so much better value AND flexibility... (says man, leaving EE for a monthly rolling contract with an MVNO)

Back
Top Bottom